No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Airgead said:
Have you noticed that in his latest, his camera folks have followed the really annoying trend of shooting into the frickin sun every shot? Started a few years ago in some other BBC wildlife docos and now its in everything. The stuff done by Brian Cox is particularly bad. I think Attenborough must have borrowed Brian Cox's cameraman for rise of the animals. Every shot is presenter with the sun behind them and lens flare all over the place. Its like they think we can't watch a scene without some kind of visual eye candy in it. Absolutely shits me to tears. Let the great man do his thing and stop f'n round with the visuals.
Oh, don't get me started..

Every time I watch Nigella Kitchen they do that artsy and bizarre hand held / out of focus / bokeh carry on.
Makes it almost impossible to get a clear pause shot of her boobs.

Dave70 said:
Oh, don't get me started..

Every time I watch Nigella Kitchen they do that artsy and bizarre hand held / out of focus / bokeh carry on.
Makes it almost impossible to get a clear pause shot of her boobs.
I hear you.

In other news, one of our customers and mates took a tumble off a 4m high scaffold onto some steps yesterday.
His injury list reads like something out of a Nascar pile up.

Compression fracture of the tibia below the knee.
Compound fracture of the ankle.
Dislocated / fractured hip.
Compound fracture of the radius / ulna.
Fractured eye socket.
Broken jaw.
A whole bunch of wounds that require surgical closure.

He's currently in theatre having more precious metal inserted into him than the space shuttle.

Careful as you go people.

Dave70 said:
In other news, one of our customers and mates took a tumble off a 4m high scaffold onto some steps yesterday.
His injury list reads like something out of a Nascar pile up.

Compression fracture of the tibia below the knee.
Compound fracture of the ankle.
Dislocated / fractured hip.
Compound fracture of the radius / ulna.
Fractured eye socket.
Broken jaw.
A whole bunch of wounds that require surgical closure.

He's currently in theatre having more precious metal inserted into him than the space shuttle.

Careful as you go people.
Major ouch factor there.
Makes me cringe just to read about it, even though my job was dealing with severe personal injury cases from work and motor accidents.

OK that was cool.

Contacted Sony, told them my TV was ******* out on me. Went through the usual, banter.

SONY: "Did you try turning it on and off again?"
argon: "yes, yes no it's still fucked."

Then this happened.

SONY: "OK, well it'd be too expensive to get repaired. How about we offer you a trade in price on a TV from our website?"
argon: "Um OK"
SONY: "What TV would you like?"
argon: "The 60inch one (RRP $2399)"
SONY: "Alright, we can do it for $1440"
argon: "Um. let me have a think about it"
SONY: "OK call back and we'll give you trade in price on any other TV"
argon: "OK bye"

Best price online i can find the same model $1999. Niiiiiice.

Fuk me, good customer service does still exist. Well in Sony, well in!

Oh, I thought you were talking about Kittens. (NSFW)

So I just found out what Whooty was after reading an online article, and upon looking further my wife walks past to a Whooty cam video, "are u right there?"

Could have been worse.

Yeah? You could've been reading some humorous memes on a site called Friday Fun like I was when my wife walked past. By her reaction you'd reckon I was holding a box of tissues and her Oil of Ulan.

How many ply?

And I assume extra Virgin would be the most suitable?

Back