No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
luggy said:
Yeah you're right, scientific inquiry never did any good for humanity, I yearn for a return to good old fashioned paganism. This post may or may not be sarcastic
We should practice our old Christian beliefs and start burning scientists at the stake

Christians never burnt scientists at the stake.

That was done by some other major cult still surviving today in the name of Christianity.

warra48 said:
Christians never burnt scientists at the stake.

That was done by some other major cult still surviving today in the name of Christianity.
That would be the Catholics ?

surely every religious sect believes that it is the true & correct method of worship, and given that, shouldn't then each religion be considered as the aggregate? It's too convenient to say oh, they're not true christians if a portion of your religion misbehaves, when without a doubt they thought they were doing the same god's work.
</lunchbreak drivel>

Anyone interested in simulating what a snake bite in the end of your finger might feel like should shoot a 16 mm pneumatic staple into it.

Simulation is as far as I want to take it. At least the first aid cabinet was recently stocked and no-one else was in the workshop to mock and jibe and gloat.

Call it a near miss....No need to write it up, too much paperwork.

16mm, how wide are your fingers??? Would have been all the way through mine and out the other side i reckon!! Ouch.

Mock, jibe, gloat .....................

Dumbarse actions need ridicule, it is how we learn ................. Or not

Cheers

manticle said:
Anyone interested in simulating what a snake bite in the end of your finger might feel like should shoot a 16 mm pneumatic staple into it.

Simulation is as far as I want to take it. At least the first aid cabinet was recently stocked and no-one else was in the workshop to mock and jibe and gloat.
Try to hold yourself together, man.

No paperwork. Don't want to document my own stupidity now, do I?

@Lethal - 16 mm long but my fingers were on the other side of 4mm ply and the puncture was at an angle through flesh: no bone, tendon or nerve. Got maybe 4-5 mm worth of flesh only puncture just slightly under the nail.

My own fault; Isaw it happening in slow mo and it's a cheap lesson I won't forget.

So I work in a hospital, prior to working afternoon shifts I sometimes like to do beer related things.

Whilst cleaning some bottles this morning I sliced the back of my hand on a broken bottle. So I ended up at work anyway but on the wrong end ..

5 stiches later and all fixed. Thankfully it missed everything important.

manticle said:
Came damn close to stepping on a brown snake in my drive way on Sunday morning,I was glad I'd already had a shit earlier.
Fastest I have moved in a while.

Yeah mine had the added benefit of no venom. Dry bite.

Tahoose - hope all is good. So easily this shit can happen.

Latest posts

Back