No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're also required to bring smoked produce, home made cheeses and possibly a few acres of land.

What are we brewing? Global bulk buy on the cards.

TheWiggman said:
Had a Christmas ale all lined up for the big day tomorrow with stacks of family members. Star anise, cinnamon, nutmeg, much love went into the making.
I chilled it yesterday and put it on the gas. 180 kPa... very odd. I didn't remember carbing it high. Gas levels dropped, chilled overnight.
I tasted today and... well, not much. A strange flavour about it and none of the Christmas spirit. Then it came to me: infection. Another frigging infection, exactly the same taste with no visual signs of anything obvious during fermentation. This one tasted ok out of the fermenter so I'm guessing maybe there was a problem when kegging. 19l on the lawn and lucky I had a backup brew which is a lager free of any obvious problems.

Not a thing has been common between the brews. Anything common has had good brews made before and since. Different kegs, different fermenters, all cleaned the same way, all cubed, some cube hopped. Something in this house is sneaking in somewhere. Bah humbug.
Well feedback from receivers of bottles was largely positive. I managed to find a bottle in the back of the ute yesterday and chilled it.
Ta-da! No infection :huh:
Obviously an issue with the keg or keg transfer. Time to nuke shit.

I was delighted to find this sign in Masters Lismore today.

masters fern sign.jpg

I was a bit shy to ask if the sign referred to a lady employee called Fern.

What a load of shit.

I touch em cos they are there and it feels good.

******* scientists trying to over-complicate shit and garnering grants for "studies". PPffft.

Droopy Brew said:
What a load of shit.

I touch em cos they are there and it feels good.

******* scientists trying to over-complicate shit and garnering grants for "studies". PPffft.
Yeah you're right, scientific inquiry never did any good for humanity, I yearn for a return to good old fashioned paganism. This post may or may not be sarcastic

So is this a pumpkin or what?

Currently in residence at Kyogle Home Hardware

pumpkin.jpg

luggy said:
Yeah you're right, scientific inquiry never did any good for humanity, I yearn for a return to good old fashioned paganism. This post may or may not be sarcastic
Scientific enquiry has its place, no doubt.
It has answered so many of the worlds most confounding questions-
Is the world round?
Why does everything gravitate toward the ground?
How fast does light travel?
Why do blokes fondle their nuts?

Pick the odd one out.

Back