No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
Onto beer number 2.
Going to Greek banquet tonight.
Not driving.
Pretty ******* happy with with how shits panning out this evening to be honest.
I just got home from the Grafton Swap Meet.

This evening panned out rather nicely.

1pm : Arrive at Pub

Noticed some old mates drinking Coopers

Beers

Meet some more fellow brewers

Beers

Burger & Chips

Beers

Swapped beers

Beers

Moved out to the beer garden

Beers - Coopers Dark and Tooheys Old

Talked lots of shit

Beers - Pints of Guinness

Felt hungry and had Guinness thinking about it

Pizza

Guiness

4 or 5 x big Makers Marks in a 7 on ice

Taxi....I only have $10

Home

Had a few Crownies last night...and I haven't said that for a very long time. Networking drinks at a conference, and I was amazed how well they were going down to be honest.

It could have been the hot and windy weather, the unaccustomed tie, the post-presentation parched throat, the canapes (party pies) they were washing down, or a combination of all of those factors...but they really were going down a treat.

Edit: Don't judge me.

You are not alone Ken. I was at the cricket on Friday and got the taste for Hahn Superdry. When it is hot, the beer is free and you want a thirst quencher, these were going down easier than Kim Kardashian's knickers.

Judgment be fucked, I love my HB and craft beers but there are times when a commercial beer hits the spot. I was camping up at Cape York earlier this year and was rationed to 1 can of New per day for the last few days. If that wasnt some of the best beer I've drunk.... Time and a place for everything.

Droopy Brew said:
I was camping up at Cape York earlier this year and was rationed to 1 can of New per day for the last few days.
Next time -
glyph_division_sign_00F7_183.png

When I was at uni (Newcastle, New territory) I never bought New because I thought it tasted rough out of the can. And if I did have it in the can, I didn't drink the last 30 or so ml because they were the dregs. When at a pub though I'd drink it out of the schooner because I thought it tasted ok from the tap. I really didn't know wtf I was on about.

Droopy Brew said:
You are not alone Ken. I was at the cricket on Friday and got the taste for Hahn Superdry. When it is hot, the beer is free and you want a thirst quencher, these were going down easier than Kim Kardashian's knickers.

Judgment be fucked, I love my HB and craft beers but there are times when a commercial beer hits the spot. I was camping up at Cape York earlier this year and was rationed to 1 can of New per day for the last few days. If that wasnt some of the best beer I've drunk.... Time and a place for everything.

We took nothing but XXXX Gold and Tooheys new, oh and Bundy Rum of coarse on our recent Cape trip, 1 30Pack carton per day per person ration. Some of the best liquor ive consumed. Time and place for different beers.

** I still don't get why people f*&k around with portable keg set-ups for camping, or more likely Glamping...

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Had a few Crownies last night...and I haven't said that for a very long time. Networking drinks at a conference, and I was amazed how well they were going down to be honest.

It could have been the hot and windy weather, the unaccustomed tie, the post-presentation parched throat, the canapes (party pies) they were washing down, or a combination of all of those factors...but they really were going down a treat.

Edit: Don't judge me.
They recently changed crownies to all grain and actual hop flowers. Could explain your surprise?

Droopy Brew said:
Explain yourself
This.

shaunous said:
We took nothing but XXXX Gold and Tooheys new, oh and Bundy Rum of coarse on our recent Cape trip, 1 30Pack carton per day per person ration. Some of the best liquor ive consumed. Time and place for different beers.

** I still don't get why people f*&k around with portable keg set-ups for camping, or more likely Glamping...

How many beers go into one man per day.
Much simpler than the old ' If a train leaves the station at 6.00pm travelling at 50 kph'..bla..bla..blah..

Understood.
Unfortunately what I didnt account for was the lack of purchase points beyond Weipa. I was hoping to restock while up there but at $120 a carton for XXXXGold I decided my liver and wallet could do with a break..

Looks like the Australian Navy has two aircraft carriers now but where are the aircraft?

If it's anything like the navy's helicopters that didn't fly over water I'll be amused.

I see them docked at Wooloomooloo but I don't see any helicopters or anything.
They are a replacement for the HMAS Tobruck.
Looking as useless as the F35 jets we ordered.

I've got a mate who's a navy seahawk pilot, flies plenty. Currently in the Arabian gulf.

You generally dont see any of our armed forces vehicles.. I guess its not something that needs to be seen, unlike other countries B)

The choppers will turn up if needed. Can you imagine the outcry from the local residents of Woolloomooloo, Rose Bay and the like if there were 10 very loud helicopters flying all day and night off there???

Malcolm Turnbull's private phone would be ringing off the hook!
Cheers,
RB

You generally dont see any of our armed forces vehicles.. I guess its not something that needs to be seen, unlike other countries B)
Very true Stu- we live in a lucky country.

Back