No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ This belongs in the Continuing Happiness thread! Id love to have that sort of capacity.

Drinking my Aussie lager that I'm refining, first few glasses from the keg. Single 60 min addition of PoR that just isn't hoppy enough for me - not Citra hoppy, PRIDE hoppy. I need more earth and CUB stink. So, I chucked a single PoR pellet in there and would you believe it's not the abomination that general knowledge might lead you to believe. Very amusing watching the pellet dance up and down the glass too, if you haven't tried it give it a go.
Next lager is getting a late addition of Pride of Ringwood.

^^^
WHAT?... are you talking about beer. Here of all places. I think there may be a forum somewhere on the inter-webs for weirdos who do that.

Had a headache this afternoon likely brought about endless paperwork and squinting at drawings.
So I reached for the green tea and used two bags to ramp it up a bit. Mainly because someone scoffed all the aspro clear.

Cleared it up and left me with somewhat better outlook considering its a Monday arvo.
Could be the phenolic compounds or if the tea was produced in China, the huge amounts of residual lead.
Either way I'll be working it into my regular beverage rotation from now on.

grott said:
No Dave, formaldehyde. :blink: ​

Luckily formaldehyde natural and organic - thus harmless or course. Probably a superfood actually..

(wiki)
Formaldehyde is a naturally-occurring organic compound with the formula CH2O. It is the simplest aldehyde and is also known by its systematic name methanal.

Formaldehyde is the smell of anatomy, nothing quite like it.
The 2 guys who worked in the anatomy building at UQ were the 2 freakiest looking people I've ever seen. Hard to tell if it was the work or the formaldehyde that made em that way.

Just got back from doing a little X mas shopping.

K Mart to Big W then Toys R Us. One son yelling for his mother through a kids voice altering megaphone when he thought he was lost.
One stack of about a dozen Frozen Elsa dolls pulled from the shelf by daughter.

So now if you'll excuse me..

e6TR9n00dL3JS_zpszkpwkudb.gif

It's a sad day for me...I fear my trusty cycle has finally reached the financial tipping point where a brand new bike is cheaper than the cost of repair.

This morning on my daily commute I finally wore through the back rim wall and will need a new back wheel, probably a new front wheel as the rim is wearing on it as well.
If I was to be thorough it's probably also time for a new chain, rear cluster and probably at least one new front ring.

She's been a very solid citizen, bought in 2003 and I've commuted ever since, about 4,500km/year for the past five years, less before that.

I've already replaced the wheels once to get stronger and stiffer rims befitting someone of my, ahem, robust physique. Cluster and chain replaced plenty of times, one seatpost, fricking heaps of tyres. Then there was the time I snapped one of the cranks 'clean off' (best said in a Clint Eastwood voice), fortunately it was as I was turning into the driveway at home so I didn't have to walk far (to get clean underpants).

I only came off once in that time, bless her, when a P-plater car full of young fuckwits ran me off the road at a roundabout and kept going...the next vehicle to arrive was a mini-bus full of nuns (true story) who offered assistance and also had a huge esky in the bus (also true). Unfortunately all they had in the esky was what they called 'juice' and actually happened to be bottles of Fanta. After making sure nothing was broken (bike or me) I got back on and tentatively headed off down the road to be greeted by a couple of blokes who were blind drunk (6pm or so) and had seen it all happen, "thass the way mate, back on the horse", armed with that encouragement I made it home before realising how sore and shaken I was.

I'm thinking a new commuter and maybe resurrect this steed as a single speed for trips to the pub milk bar.

med_gallery_30557_1283_678191.jpg

Kumamoto_Ken said:
I'm thinking a new commuter and maybe resurrect this steed as a single speed for trips to the pub milk bar.
If going this route, dont forget to take into account the cost of the berret , brouges and beard trimming equipment that will be needed to compliment the single speed.

The gift that keeps on giving one of the regular lady entertainment sites i use just found 1263 faults with my PC! Now thats a service google doesnt offer! Now wheres my credit card?

Droopy Brew said:
If going this route, dont forget to take into account the cost of the berret , brouges and beard trimming equipment that will be needed to compliment the single speed.

Ducatiboy stu said:
and tan colored knitted vests
I reckon between the wardrobes of my dad and my father-in-law I have all of those covered.

Latest posts

Back