No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brew Forky said:
The GF called me tonight saying she locked her keys in the car and asked me me to bring her spare set. After a few HBs I wasn't sure whether to drive or not, so played it safe and jumped on the Treadly and rode half way across the inner North of Adelaide. Got there and she was sitting in the the car.

"Thought you locked yourself out?"
"Yeah, keys are in the Boot."
"You're in a hatch, you could fold the seat down and get them."
"Really?"

Without a word I handed her the key and took the long way home. On that ride I was happy I didn't say anything about pulling the lever for the hatch.

Happy wife, happy life.
I would have gone apeshit if that was me.

real_beer said:
Could you make something that puts out smoke through some slotted pipe around your shed so they'll think there's a bush fire on the way and move over to the neighbours place?

Most snakes don't like noise so making some as you move around usually has them heading away from you. Are they a dangerous species, or could you learn to coexist with them? :lol: I love snakes but unfortunatly my other half has never let me keep one as a pet. Personally I reckon they've been trying to make friends with you by keeping rats away from your precious grain stockpile, that's why you haven't seen any :)

The very best way to keep them away from where you are though is to make sure there's nothing in your yard attractive for them to hide in or under, such as old cars, roofing iron, and wood piles.
Pretty sure snakes are deaf and you could yodel like a mofo to no avail. They do respond to vibration though, so I always stomp my feet when in a suspect area. The one rule I learnt with snakes is you can look for them all you like but it's when you least suspect it that they appear at your feet.

Camo6 said:
Pretty sure snakes are deaf and you could yodel like a mofo to no avail. They do respond to vibration though, so I always stomp my feet when in a suspect area. The one rule I learnt with snakes is you can look for them all you like but it's when you least suspect it that they appear at your feet.
Yeah that's what I was getting at don't tiptoe about but thrash through the bush wherever your heading.

But when they appear at your feet you magically learn how to fly!

jimmy86 said:
But when they appear at your feet you magically learn how to fly!
Haha! Even with a 25l spray pack on your back!

Something wrong with this pic ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445476139.794489.jpg

I was told by a cleaner he'd once seen someones almost overcome with toxic fumes after a cleaner who couldn't get the water stain out of a toilet bowl went off for help and didn't tell the person he'd fetched the chemical he'd been using was still in the bowl. The guy walked in and poured bleach into the bowl and the result was apparently instantaneous and violent. That was in a Local Shire Council Building, they have all the rules and regulations about chemical use on the site but the contract company they use only hire monkeys and don't train them properly. Same old saying I guess 'You Get What You Pay For'.

Good to see a bit of recycling happening there with those gloves

Cost savings are essential for sustainable business

Ducatiboy stu said:
Good to see a bit of recycling happening there with those gloves

Cost savings are essential for sustainable business
We keep old gloves for the fingers, cut one off and put it over the end of a watering can spout, nip the end off to create a small hole for laying polished on floors.

Cubes where running low so I done my First double triple batch today. Set the digital timers last night to get a head start on the day woke up with everything at temp at 5am. All done and dusted 8hours later. You bloody ripper. Gunna be doing this more often. Back up to 10cubes now just like that.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1445666070.567481.jpg

Latest posts

Back