No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching favorite movie of all time, The Usual Sustects and drinking saison after long week...Doesn't get much better

Airgead said:
Yeah.. round about the 400th post asking for advice on their aldi juice and bread yeast prison brew I stopped giving a shit.
I get the prison hooch thing. I do see the Aldi juice thing more like a kit beer equivalent though - it can be good if you show it some love.

Not everyone can source the right apples. Not everyone can be bothered with the close-enough apples. I think a "good enough" cider can be made with shop juice.

Just not in one's dishwasher.

Come on then you lazy Taswegian fuckers. Let's make a date. Friday 5th July or Saturday 6th July perhaps. Meet at Devonport (or somewhere close), everyone bring a bottle or two of your finest to swap.

I'll post mine to Taschris and he can meet me at the airport with mine and we'll meet all you fuckers somewhere for a swap, a handshake and maybe some beers in a local.

Shit like this doesn't happen unless we make it happen...my best mate/furry companion just passed so I am freed up to do this shit. I have a lot of work at Uni the weeks either side of this, but why not?!?!

Surely there must be a pub we could meet in the carpark, do the swap and then go in for a beer...ors urely someone must live within coo-ee and we can meet there and get on it and unroll the swags or something?

Well I'm about a bit under an hour east of Devonport and would open the doors. I'll let swags be unrolled but the getting it can only happen on a case by case evaluation.

I'll put something up on the Tas brewing thread come morning and get some interest happening......my place or elsewhere.

Commiserations on the loss of your furry friend. Had to put my best mate down on Tuesday night. ******* rough. I made the the most tear jerking scene from whatever movie you'd care to name look like Goebbels throwing down some hate speech at a Nuremberg rally.

Edit: Oh wait.....you said get on it......that makes more sense.

Florian said:
Guess what happened to me today!

attachicon.gif
DSC_4234.JPG
You were carrying your cube through the house whilst taking a piss in the kitchen wheelbarrow when all of a sudden you slid on some colourful rods on the floor thus spilling your cup of beer in an effort to prevent the kitchen wheelbarrow from spilling urine everywhere?

bum said:
I don't even brew ciders anymore but the quality of advice in most of the cider threads these days is doing my head in.

I know there's guys here who take their cider seriously. You need to lift you game and put a boot up these morons.
How could you ever get sick of seeing ' First cider ' - for the 500th time.

bum said:
I get the prison hooch thing. I do see the Aldi juice thing more like a kit beer equivalent though - it can be good if you show it some love.

Not everyone can source the right apples. Not everyone can be bothered with the close-enough apples. I think a "good enough" cider can be made with shop juice.

Just not in one's dishwasher.
Yeah. It is the K&K of the cider world and yes, if you show it some love it can work. There's just something about cider that brings out the ghetto in people. Folks who will agonize for hours about whether to ferment their beer at 18 or 18.5 will chuck a bunch of reconstituted juice in whatever they have available, throw in some random yeast then wonder why it tastes a bit crap. Then complain that one is a cider snob for suggesting that it may need a little more love than it has been given.

Rant over. I blame the umpteen pale ale's I just drank for my bad mood.

Many feels directed Lecterfan and jlm's way. So sorry, guys.

I don't know if I'm broken or something but I generally have more sympathy for someone who loses a pet than someone who loses a grandparent or whatevs. I've got two grandmothers who have recently been moved into high care homes so I know that shit is close for me and I still feel them same (and one of them has been nothing but awesome for as long as I have been sentient).

I still occasionally dream about the cat I had to get put down (in 1992!!!) and they are always the best dreams. Double-**** getting another dog yet (my last one died over decade ago).

Drunken emo is best emo.

Airgead said:
There's just something about cider that brings out the ghetto in people. Folks who will agonize for hours about whether to ferment their beer at 18 or 18.5 will chuck a bunch of reconstituted juice in whatever they have available, throw in some random yeast then wonder why it tastes a bit crap. Then complain that one is a cider snob for suggesting that it may need a little more love than it has been given.
This is all correct.

I just want people to make better shit.

Yea, Wednesday was a total ******* abysmal, shithouse, dark, fucked, and bloody sad day for me. Still, the old girl had lived a hell of a spoiled life for a 56kg American Bulldog haha...

Yea JLM, fire it up - I haven't yet spoken to Taschris about my immanent arrival, but I've been threatening him with it for a few years now, so about time I called his bluff... see if there is any interest for roughly that time/date and we'll see how we go!

edit: Bum, seen the Arthouse book (as in the book about the Arthouse) 'Home is where the Arty Is' yet?

Lecterfan said:
edit: Bum, seen the Arthouse book (as in the book about the Arthouse) 'Home is where the Arty Is' yet?
I didn't even know this was a thing. Assuming it has a lot of pictures (there's no reason to print it if it doesn't) then I want it pretty bad.

I miss that ceiling-pillow-thing and amazing-mural-everywhere pretty hard.

Aside: I've been to The Tote a couple times recently and the only difference is in the crowd. Good news, I guess. The crowd needs to change periodically (even if those new guys are hipster dickwits).

Footscray is the wrong side of town for me so I haven't been either but they seem to be doing good stuff.

bradsbrew said:
You were carrying your cube through the house whilst taking a piss in the kitchen wheelbarrow when all of a sudden you slid on some colourful rods on the floor thus spilling your cup of beer in an effort to prevent the kitchen wheelbarrow from spilling urine everywhere?
Not sure where you got the colourful rods from? Stick to the facts, please.

Had five cubes full of wort from last brew day, one of them cracked the handle when i attempted to carry it while still hot. Taped it up, all good.

Was cleaning up the backyard yesterday and thought it was time to transfer those cubes into the garage. Obviously I didn't want to carry the one with the cracked handle, so looked out for something on wheels to push it on. Thought I was really smart when I found that old rusty kids wheel barrow, placed the cube on it, started pushing, and of course that stupid thing was so instable that the cube just tumbled onto the floor, the corner it fell on must have been so brittle that it just broke off.

Put some glad wrap and tape over it and it's now sitting in the garage.
Just gotta decide what to do with it, leave, pitch or reboil and pitch. It's an AIPA base with just a bittering addition, means pitching also involves an Argonaise boil, which makes it a bit of a painful task that I just couldn't be bothered doing this weekend.

Wait and see I guess, if it starts behaving funny I might not have a choice. Just thinking about it, I probably should at least stick it in a fridge at near freezing.

Both parties have pickrd a shithouse solution for a NBN. But labours its just retarded. Not as bad as their carbon scheme policy which they made up themselves ans ignored to 2 reccomebded solutions which qould have worked.

I mean **** sake google in the usa is offering 1GB/s downloaf for $60 a month to certain areas. They arent eveb an isp for christ sake and our govt thinks up this steaming pile of shit.

You're showing your bias here, CM2. You've just implied that the Coalition's NBN plan is better than Labor's.

That's ricockulous.

bum said:
I don't even brew ciders anymore but the quality of advice in most of the cider threads these days is doing my head in.

I know there's guys here who take their cider seriously. You need to lift you game and put a boot up these morons.
the fkrs dont listen or read when u give them advuce. Airghead and I have provided heaps of info on psosts. If the fkrs actually read simething rathet than beleive they are the first person ever to brew a cider or ask a basic question then wed all be better off.

I still cant get over how many people are trying to brew without having reaf a single fkn line of info on brewing. Its like rocking up to a car dealership and trying to drive without ever have driven a car or knowibg any th ing about it. I mean fk me if I went to any forum and just said 'first soonge cake' so how do I work this oven thing and give me a recipe the ladies would fkn string me up alive.

Lazy dumb fkrs. Its all I can thibk of to explain it.

citymorgue2 said:
the fkrs dont listen or read when u give them advuce. Airghead and I have provided heaps of info on psosts. If the fkrs actually read simething rathet than beleive they are the first person ever to brew a cider or ask a basic question then wed all be better off.

I still cant get over how many people are trying to brew without having reaf a single fkn line of info on brewing. Its like rocking up to a car dealership and trying to drive without ever have driven a car or knowibg any th ing about it. I mean fk me if I went to any forum and just said 'first soonge cake' so how do I work this oven thing and give me a recipe the ladies would fkn string me up alive.

Lazy dumb fkrs. Its all I can thibk of to explain it.
It goes beyond this, IMO. They get told (erm, shown in pictures) that you don't need to know anything to make beer then everyone says "Hey, look at this awesome thing that shows you don't need to know anything" and then no-one explains why that thread is shit. People who should fucken know better even recommend it. That thread has slowly hacked away at any technical exploration that existed on this board.

Back