No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arhh, laying cable work out the front of your place... not going there, hooke me up, nup not going there either, wireless being the future, fukk no, australians wanted massive amounts of cash spent on a cable right?

Liam_snorkel said:
Places which are too remote to get fibre get satellite instead.
I still dont get it.

Sounds like Tesla's teleforce beam or something.

I don't even brew ciders anymore but the quality of advice in most of the cider threads these days is doing my head in.

I know there's guys here who take their cider seriously. You need to lift you game and put a boot up these morons.

From what I can tell from the (thank some deity) small amount of work I've done on the NBN there'll probably be one set of contractors running the fibre down the street, then another bunch going from pole to premise.

Nothing quite like having some toothless crone asking you what that noise, what're you doing and why'd you wake her up (in the afternoon) when taking the ol' hammer drill to the outside of her unit.

Or wiring 50 odd outlets in a nursing home where the average occupant wouldn't have an idea what a computer was to start out with. Getting those fibres into the dementia wing was some real satisfying work.

Luckily those dark days 4 months ago are long behind me me and I now spend my time working on an island in the middle of the Bass Strait (its actually really awesome) and getting paid to brew beer.

I haven't actually had any of theirs (yours) yet, myself.

I have read enough to see why you're ducking though.

Will grab some when I see it. What's your favourite?

Any of our dark beers, read into that what you will may, but the Willie Warmer (strong dark ale spiced with cinnamon and aniseed) is my pick. The new batch of Elephant's Trunk (basically a Dubbel) is coming along really, really well. New yeast and a sensible fermentation regime. Had one at lunch today.

Don't know if you'll find any on the mainland though.....I think there's some stock going over for the AIBA but I don't know what.

We were over in Launceston late last year and SWMBO loved it so we'll probably be over again soonish (as uni allows).

I liked it there too but that is entirely irrelevant.

Its a nice little spot......Though I'm starting to develop a soft spot for Flinders Island now......There's **** all chance of a move there happening though, getting the missus here from the mainland took long enough.

Guess what happened to me today!

DSC_4234.JPG

Righto, early July meetup in Devonport...calling all brewers!

bum said:
I don't even brew ciders anymore but the quality of advice in most of the cider threads these days is doing my head in.

I know there's guys here who take their cider seriously. You need to lift you game and put a boot up these morons.
Yeah.. round about the 400th post asking for advice on their aldi juice and bread yeast prison brew I stopped giving a shit.

Lecterfan said:
Righto, early July meetup in Devonport...calling all brewers!
I'll be there if I'm not on Flinders....

Wait......Its early June I gotta spend a fair bit of time there........Whats the occasion?

Florian said:
Guess what happened to me today!

attachicon.gif
DSC_4234.JPG
the kids wheel barrow crashed into your cube of wort cracking the top open? my boy destroyed one of my cubes the other day, no wort in it thankfully.

Back