No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure encyclopedias are supposed to serve as historical documents, Bribie.

GADZOOKS! There's pages for countries that don't even exist anymore - DELETE!!!

I'm simply thinking of something along the lines of "once known by the popular colloquial name laughing jackass". After all you wouldn't expect to see "Holden Cruze now released in a fastback configuration"

Bribie G said:
Kookaburras:

Do any of you guys ever refer to it as such, have friends or family members under the age of about 98 who still do so?
My Grandmother and her ilk used that term but she also called a car a bus and referred to a bus as a truck. I think she might have also called Kookaburras 'Jackies' as an abbreviation of Laughing Jackass.
'Oh look at those lovely Jackies, I'll just fetch them some meat!"
When feeding them etc she would then call them Jackie, "Coorn Jackie, here's some nice meat for you, Cooornnnnnn."

maybe the work "jackass" could be changed to something a little more culturally relevant.
"Laughing *****"

*sings*

Laugh, kookaburra, laugh.
You're entitled to make your own life decisions and no one shall judge you for them.

Malted said:
My Grandmother and her ilk used that term but she also called a car a bus and referred to a bus as a truck. I think she might have also called Kookaburras 'Jackies' as an abbreviation of Laughing Jackass.
'Oh look at those lovely Jackies, I'll just fetch them some meat!"
When feeding them etc she would then call them Jackie, "Coorn Jackie, here's some nice meat for you, Cooornnnnnn."
Strangely in NW Tasmania they still call cars buses however buses are called buses also.
So bloody confusing

On moving to NSW I inadvertently ordered a pot and got a schooner, asked where they kept the tallies in the bottle shop and got a blank look :p

TasChris said:
Strangely in NW Tasmania they still call a car a buses but buses are buses also.
So bloody confusing
It would be with all those singular plurals.

Lecterfan said:
It would be with all those singular plurals.
Are you misquoting me Richard?

Help I have been "verbaled" in writing

Cheers
Chris

Nice edit, 'pro'. I will forever remember that you call a car a buses.

Lecterfan said:
Nice edit, 'pro'. I will forever remember that you call a car a buses.
I confess,
I used my "Pro" powers for evil not the good for which they were intended

You spoke about full mashing to the Prophet/Messiah of Full Extract. Forgive my sick sense of humour.

GuyQLD said:
You spoke about full mashing to the Prophet/Messiah of Full Extract. Forgive my fully sick sense of humour.
FTFY

GuyQLD said:
You spoke about full mashing to the Prophet/Messiah of Full Extract. Forgive my sick sense of humour.
HAHAHA! No not intentional, but now you point it out - wish it was intended. :ph34r:

:D

Impossible because full extract brewing is better than AG at any level of completion you might care to name. Did you not know?

Off topic.. or maybe on in this thread... **** I am confused...

What makes a post 'Best Answer' - who decides that? Is it a Pro member privilege? or is the most likes or something?

Back