No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have lost 4 inches off the waist in the last six months, with my beer intake increasing...

The hardest thing about reducing 2L of first runnings down to a delicious, intensely flavoured solidish goo is making sure that I don't actually eat it all out of the pan before adding it to the boil.

As for everyone's wight loss HUZZAH! I commend you all (unless of course the weight loss is unwanted and caused by something horrid).

I've lost all the easy weight and am now in the holding pattern of being perpetually 4kgs away from my ideal...

But back to the first runnings...mmmmm. Doing the exact same recipe as last weekend but with MO instead of GP so I can start to learn about these types of malts from my own beers rather than others'. :icon_cheers:

The hardest thing about reducing 2L of first runnings down to a delicious, intensely flavoured solidish goo is making sure that I don't actually eat it all out of the pan before adding it to the boil.

As for everyone's wight loss HUZZAH! I commend you all (unless of course the weight loss is unwanted and caused by something horrid).

I've lost all the easy weight and am now in the holding pattern of being perpetually 4kgs away from my ideal...

But back to the first runnings...mmmmm. Doing the exact same recipe as last weekend but with MO instead of GP so I can start to learn about these types of malts from my own beers rather than others'. :icon_cheers:

+1 on the gooey goodness. So tasty.... Let us know about the difference between MO, which I am yet to try.
I wonder what it would be like on icecream.....

+1 on the gooey goodness. So tasty.... Let us know about the difference between MO, which I am yet to try.
I wonder what it would be like on icecream.....

Haha - between the reduced goo and the creamy 1469 mousse I don't know whether to brew it or just eat it all on the spot.

The brews I have tasted with MO (that I sampled from a fellow AHB member) were super malty...I've read that it is a really malty malt and that hops have a hard time getting past it...so it will be a nice comparison to the GP. There is only 7 days between the two of them so tasting in June/July will be interesting.

But yes, I will certainly let you know my perception/opinion of the difference... How is your last effort going down? Have you done the side-by-side?

Haha - between the reduced goo and the creamy 1469 mousse I don't know whether to brew it or just eat it all on the spot.

The brews I have tasted with MO (that I sampled from a fellow AHB member) were super malty...I've read that it is a really malty malt and that hops have a hard time getting past it...so it will be a nice comparison to the GP. There is only 7 days between the two of them so tasting in June/July will be interesting.

But yes, I will certainly let you know my perception/opinion of the difference... How is your last effort going down? Have you done the side-by-side?

Sounds interesting, mate. I may have to get a sack next pay.
Side-by-side this weekend coming, but I think I need to up my bitterness as the caramel is right up front, which I don't mind.... I'll let you know :)
Cheers, John.

Top cropped 1469 pitched, fermenter in the ferment fridge, 4 longnecks emptied, 23L at 1.050 (higher than anticipated)...according to beersmith I hit %83 efficiency. My repeatability/consistency is shithouse but I am learning just a little bit more each time...

Hit the lowest point last night. Felt like one last drink, didn't want to waste anything good in the fridge and thought "ah stuff it." - Filled my glass from the fermenter.
Knk Cerveza, actually not half bad.

Day off today, so lots of work to catch up such as reading 5 year old threads on AHB on yeast management and hop usage and designing my attempt at Belhaven's Twisted Thistle IPA for next Saturday brewnight. Busy, busy, busy.

Hit the lowest point last night. Felt like one last drink, didn't want to waste anything good in the fridge and thought "ah stuff it." - Filled my glass from the fermenter.
Knk Cerveza, actually not half bad.

Haha, i wouldn't call it the lowest point. I love a pint out of the fermenter when ever i am kegging a beer.

I usually have a glass out of the fermenter when I'm bottling. Makes the job a little less irksome and added bonus of one less bottle.

None of us one this forum are qualified to answer this one, except for BUM.
Bet he's the major shareholder.

Sound like a bunch of arseholes to work for...

*boom-tish*

As if that's not the best name ever. How dare they even think of changing it!

I was summarising a series of journal articles on non-conforming gender behaviours in childhood yesterday, and one of the researchers was Dr. Fagot. I shit you not. Ironic and unfortunate. Not sure if there is any affiliation with the aforementioned organisation.

Back