No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was planning on doing 2 brews this weekend. But 2 books just showed up that I know will stop me from doing so, Chris White's Yeast, & Eric Warner's German Wheat Beer. And I'm still reading (1/3rd the way through) Brew Like A Monk, which is an effin great book for more background info on Trappist beers. Sigh

Well, I was planning on doing 2 brews this weekend. But 2 books just showed up that I know will stop me from doing so, Chris White's Yeast, & Eric Warner's German Wheat Beer. And I'm still reading (1/3rd the way through) Brew Like A Monk, which is an effin great book for more background info on Trappist beers. Sigh

Haha. I got "Yeast" on Wednesday, and regardless of all the things I'm doing wrong I'm having a crack at a TTLL type thing on Sunday.

You are a more dedicated brewer than me if you won't brew again until you can meet all the specified/optimal conditions listed in the literature!!! I doff my hat and quaff my beer to you Sir!

Up at 6 just to get a sneaky one in. Forgot it was gonna be fuckin pitch black outside, have to wait till light anyway, Midas well clean out the mash tun from last week, lol.

Edit: last week, not lady week. Stupid phone

Edit edit: wow, only 7 on-line, must be early :lol:

Make sure u add your review of tge books to tge wiki thread on brewing books. I don't think yeast has been reviewed yet. I'm tempted to get it myself

In fact I need to do something about my yeasts. I've got 6 empty kegs, and 7 cubes waiting for me to get yeast ready to pitch

I fkn hate iPhone. All my 'the' turn out to be 'tge'

On the bright side the 100% brettC cider rocks arse. I'm thinking of calling it Desert Dragon. Dry and has a hit like a dragons tail.

I fkn hate iPhone. All my 'the' turn out to be 'tge'

On the bright side the 100% brettC cider rocks arse. I'm thinking of calling it Desert Dragon. Dry and has a hit like a dragons tail.

I was actually just going to ask about that...... how long was the ferment? Moving interstate at the end of the year but feel the need to put the glass carboys to work with something that doesn't need a whole year. You never know, tge could become the new rice gulls.

I was actually just going to ask about that...... how long was the ferment? Moving interstate at the end of the year but feel the need to put the glass carboys to work with something that doesn't need a whole year. You never know, tge could become the new rice gulls.
It was fermenting for a good 6-8 weeks. But I was also feeding it some sugars to bring up the alc. It is about 6.3%, so the ferment took a little longer and the brettC just keeps chewing away at it.

DLD sold out in 5 minutes. 3 Floyds must be very very happy - hope to se something like this amount of interest in craft beers in australia sometime soon.....

It was fermenting for a good 6-8 weeks. But I was also feeding it some sugars to bring up the alc. It is about 6.3%, so the ferment took a little longer and the brettC just keeps chewing away at it.
Cheers. Will put something similar together this week. Shit, that means I'll have to bottle the FRA. 3 months is enough procrastination i 'spose.

Ben o'donohues show on ch7 atm...he's talking about meeting a German master brewer in Canberra, wonder if it's Zierholz? Should be worth a watch..

Using up a left over Mex Cerveza can to stock up brews while I wait for the last of the summer temps to go.
Tasted it and I can really detect "kit twang" now. That or my use of homemade candi sugar didn't help.

I know what you mean, I have 2 cans in the brew pantry and I honestly don't think I'll ever use them now. Damn AG, why do you have to be soooo good?

I always searched the shelves for the "newest" cans, and kept them in the fridge at home...rarely got the kit "twang".

Actually these cans are pretty well in date - bought when Woolies got out of the KnK game.
It's just me getting lazy with recipes.

Completely different? Seems all too familiar around these parts to me.

No, in Melbourne the police would have shot them.
In QLD the police would have tasered them
In NSW the one in the pink hat would be Kinnealy

had to bottle the left overs after kegging a double batch... geez i hate bottling. It was the first time using the larger kettle and got a couple of litres more than expected into cubes, so now i have to go and scale back all my recipes by 4L. PITA, but at least i won't have to bottle again.

Also this morning walking to the bus, had to help a lady pick up her dead cat that had been hit by a car overnight. Was messy stuff. She was pretty upset, so had to help her out. Excellent start to the day.

Back