No gas from Sodastream bottle through regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

ChrisLevo

Reaction score
Sodastream and gauge.jpg

I bought one of these as I normally use 16g bulbs and want to save a few bob.

The Sodastream bottle goes in fine, and I get the small spurt of gas to let me know that it’s hot to trot.
I know that the bottle (which is new) has gas as it spurts when I screw it off the regulator.

Nothing happens when I connect it to a keg and open the valve and the gauge shows nothing happening.
It dispensed a tiny bit of gas the first time but only that time.

Mine has a relief valve on the other side to the gas line and pulling that out does nothing.

Does anyone :
1. Know what is going wrong, or
2. Point me towards a stockist in Adelaide where I can buy a functional one?

Thanks folks - Chris

Hangover68

Reaction score
Check the plastic washer in the adapter is the right way around, when i first got my sodastream adapter i also had trouble with gas flow so i sent it back for a swap and when i got the new one back the washer was different.

ChrisLevo

Reaction score
Check the plastic washer in the adapter is the right way around, when i first got my sodastream adapter i also had trouble with gas flow so i sent it back for a swap and when i got the new one back the washer was different.
Thanks, but the washer is symmetrical, so still no idea.

Vic

Circle of life. I brew, I drink, I brew, etc..
Pro - Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check to Soda Stream to regulator adaptor. Look into the regulator side of it. There is a hex socket that adjusts the plunger on the bottle side. If not screwed down far enough the bottle won't open hence no gas. As you are getting a spurt of gas but when attaching the bottle and then nothing it is possibly screwed down too far and turning the bottle off again. On a soda stream bottle the valve needs to be just pushed down a bit. Too far and the bottle turns off again. Hope this helps.

ChrisLevo

Reaction score
Thanks.

I went to a local mob (Beerbelly.com.au) and bought a cylinder adaptor with pin adjustment.

Problem solved :D

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions - much appreeciated.

Latest posts