No gas from Sodastream bottle through regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisLevo

Reaction score
Sodastream and gauge.jpg

I bought one of these as I normally use 16g bulbs and want to save a few bob.

The Sodastream bottle goes in fine, and I get the small spurt of gas to let me know that it’s hot to trot.
I know that the bottle (which is new) has gas as it spurts when I screw it off the regulator.

Nothing happens when I connect it to a keg and open the valve and the gauge shows nothing happening.
It dispensed a tiny bit of gas the first time but only that time.

Mine has a relief valve on the other side to the gas line and pulling that out does nothing.

Does anyone :
1. Know what is going wrong, or
2. Point me towards a stockist in Adelaide where I can buy a functional one?

Thanks folks - Chris

Check the plastic washer in the adapter is the right way around, when i first got my sodastream adapter i also had trouble with gas flow so i sent it back for a swap and when i got the new one back the washer was different.

Check the plastic washer in the adapter is the right way around, when i first got my sodastream adapter i also had trouble with gas flow so i sent it back for a swap and when i got the new one back the washer was different.
Thanks, but the washer is symmetrical, so still no idea.

Check to Soda Stream to regulator adaptor. Look into the regulator side of it. There is a hex socket that adjusts the plunger on the bottle side. If not screwed down far enough the bottle won't open hence no gas. As you are getting a spurt of gas but when attaching the bottle and then nothing it is possibly screwed down too far and turning the bottle off again. On a soda stream bottle the valve needs to be just pushed down a bit. Too far and the bottle turns off again. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

I went to a local mob (Beerbelly.com.au) and bought a cylinder adaptor with pin adjustment.

Problem solved :D

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions - much appreeciated.

Back