No Chiller Method Disasters and Successes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer to every no chillers dreams. I'll make a cube out of silver, pop a little silver cathode inside and connect it up to a car battery. The Silver ions interrupt DNA production preventing reproduction and accelerating the death phase of bacteria and viruses, so we could no chill our wort safely, without fear of any infections from Darren Bugs. Shit load of gas and lead waste but safe beer and no water wastage.

Eureka, I'll make a fortune, how about it Craftbrewer, MashMaster etc, would you stock my silver cubes, silver's cheap at present, maybe I could get them made in China, producing a shit load more waste. But they may retail for less than AU$1,000.00 Wadda ya think, am I onto something????

Copper ions work in a similar way destroying the algae and bacteria so maybe they were onto something using copper lined coolships. The use of copper may upset Darren and other copper nazis so will stick with the more expensive alternative. They'll sell - look how expensive stainless steel is and it can be found in abundance in every brewers kit.

We creative types suffer due to our gift, and wake in the early hours with ideas such as this whirling around in ones head. 4.30am so what, I'll sleep later. I'm so excited at the thought of this inovative concept that I just have post my idea and tell Darren.

Bulk buy time fellas :lol:

As for the water bill thing. Get real. Water is cheap, very cheap. It's more about being responsible for what water we do have.
Also I bet most people, like me, dont do it to save water but to save time or for other reasons.
I would be happy enough to see an end to these NO CHILLER threads, even though I started this one. I am sure every aspect has been covered and more importantly I am starting to agree with Darren on a few points. :eek:

Steve

Steve

First up let me say this isn't a disaster post, quite the opposite in fact. :D

Back in May, the ISB & I made 150l of Belgian Golden Strong Ale on my big rig (pictures in the gallery), the output was all nochilled. Check out this pic for evidence - including a cube with a tap - lol. I fermented my cube in July (OMG nearly 3 months in the cube!!! :eek: ).

Anyway, this "NC Botubeer" obtained a 1st place in the weekends 2007 NSW comp for the Belgian French & Sour Beer Category beating 21 other entries (it was the largest class I might add).

FWIW, In the interest of fairness I entered this brew under both Stuarts & my names (on behalf of ISB) as he developed the recipe, we both made the wort (with the help of the ISBers & I fermented my cube.

No chill has proved yet again that it can produce award winning beers - if you are prepared to accept some risk & be dilligent about sanitation. B)

Now the runs are on the table, watch the naysayers join the winning team! :ph34r:

Seems the no chill winners are in the cube for some time too.

Hey Tony congrats on the win. And a NC Botubeer to boot.

crozdog said:
Anyway, this "NC Botubeer" obtained a 1st place in the weekends 2007 NSW comp...

A new term has been coined. I practice the Botubeer method too.
Why inject into into your face when you can inject in straigh into your throat? Botox for the masses! :p

I thought it was a whole new thread :wacko: :blink:

Fixed the thread title.
Thanks PM. Its hard to pre-determine how any NC topic could turn out.
I still think that it (nc) is just a soft target for blokes who have not changed and never will. I did a scan over the 2 NC threads and concluded that a lot of the arguments put forward could well be asked about traditional CHILLED brewing practices.
I would like to read about more Disasters and Successes now, as the new thread title suggests.

Steve

Latest posts

Back