New Liquid Yeasts In Perth?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just keeps getting better. It looks like they intend to sell cultures for cheese making as well.

What a great read, sounds like two brothers with all the practical experience to make it work.....

Wonder if my local HBS in Geelong will ever stock liquid yeasts..... :(

I've been wondering that too since I moved down here last year. Not holding my breath...

If you guys want to get the yeast east then you are going to have to convince your local HBS. For now that means asking them to supply, which means you will have to be willing to pay around $1-1.50 more per vial for the postage and packing. Running a poll as to which yeasts you would like to use with others, and asking your HBS to supply is the go. Some people are Wyeast people some are Whitelabs. We have equivalents of both so take a pick and make some enquires at your local HBS, as we certainly don't know them all. We can recommend a list of fast movers, but would prefer if you pick.
Colin

If Neville@Gryphon stocks them in the near future i will certainly give them a try.Cant beat freshness.

Cheers
Big D

I have used two of the yeasts a Pro10 for a clone of LCPA APA and a Pro68 for a clone of JS Golden Ale.

These yeasts I pitched at ~25c and dropped to 18c in the fermenting fridge. I did not make any starter, they went in straight from the vial.

They both took a little while longer to get active than I have seen before most likely as I did not use a starter - but after 24 hours they were steaming along.

The result after a few weeks bottle conditioning is terrific. Both brews came out great and taste excellent far superior to dry yeast and a match for when I have used liquid yeasts in these recipes before.

I will be using these products again if the price is competitive to the imported liquid yeasts.

any further news on these beasties???

Cheers
JSB

any further news on these beasties???

Cheers
JSB
The communications from/to Proculture are not the best I have seen, I have bought this to their attention and hope to have a launch date very soon on my web page.From all reports the product is great.I hope they have some 1469 West Yorkshire when we go live. :icon_cheers:
GB

Great to see someone giving a bit of support to these guys Gryph, well done.
James

They're being supported at all the half reasonable Homebrew stores in WA. Just none of them really do the web shopping thing. And you're still seeing the occassional teething problems that are to be expected with a new product, so it's probably better for all that it takes a little while before it starts getting shipped all over the country.

They're being supported at all the half reasonable Homebrew stores in WA. Just none of them really do the web shopping thing. And you're still seeing the occassional teething problems that are to be expected with a new product, so it's probably better for all that it takes a little while before it starts getting shipped all over the country.
Mika its more a communication thing! Their web site just doesn't work.I think the product is good and read to go.I cant sell it if I cant order it.
GB

Not quite sure what you are inferring there TD. My only post on this subject was to ask if anyone had had the decency to ask Proculture for the facts, after a lot of far from supportive posts from the local community. I'm in full support of this new venture & have already contacted them directly offering such. Great to see an Australian company taking this on board & yes should make for more stable prices during these turbulent times :)

cheers Ross

Here, here! Let me know when it's in stock mate. If it's Aussie I'll give it whirl. I might even get my nirvana of a true Aussie ale, who knows?

Cheers

Chappo

From what I can gather, the yeast production is a side enterprise to their research work at the university. I'm hoping that our sudden enthusiasm hasn't outstripped their production capacity.

I would have thought they'd be all over Gryphon. He'd certainly move a lot of stock.

Does TWOC carry it yet, last time I was there, they had NFI about them

Latest posts

Back