New Craft Beer Bar In Brisbane - The Scratch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does a Melbourne Style Laneway Bar come with Melbourne Style Gangland Shootings? :unsure:

Yep, just got the call that they are opening at 5pm.
Heading up there after work with Josh for a swift pint.

Hopefully see some of you there :beer:

Cheers Ross

Well eff me, thats a first - council delivering a licence on time :eek: .

Currently mashing in so I'm out for today, Thursday nite next week however :beer:

Just got home after a couple at the scratch.

Was pleasantly surprised that the owners are a couple of my regulars.

Good selection of beers and 4 taps.

Great fit out and the bar top is awesome.

I really hope the boys do well there, but I cant see how they wont.

Good luck guys!

Just got home after a couple at the scratch.

Was pleasantly surprised that the owners are a couple of my regulars.

Good selection of beers and 4 taps.

Great fit out and the bar top is awesome.

I really hope the boys do well there, but I cant see how they wont.

Good luck guys!
:D
I best go and check it out meself.
The guys who live local from work will probably take up residence anyway, it will be better than the RE or Regretta.

Is a top spot! Just visited. Was nearly full!

Taps are moylan esb, rogue nut brown, ravens 55 and one other

Will be heading over there with the wife for a little while tonight for pre-birthday drinks.

Nice little bar with a decent range. The place itself looks like it's flown in directly from Berlin, felt very homely for me.

Winkle, I reckon that place will be right up your alley, can see you getting stuck there quite a bit after work.

Sounds like my sort of place

berlin.jpg

:unsure:

And only two stops away from Central - I can see me popping in for half a shift of overtime at work during the week and snoring on the train home

Edit: decent size glasses or those annoying schmiddies?

choose between small and large glasses, think 250ml and something larger, all stem glasses. Got a huge 1L fishbowl with my RIS.

Oh, and maybe pay Berlin a visit again sometime, things have changed a bit since you've been there.

Rogue brown is gone & replaced with Rogue double dead guy ale 9.5%

O.K rookie review...

Tasted like a well ballanced AIPA to me, nice fruity aroma & good bitterness from the hops, sweet caramel tasting malt & slight alc heat
Far too drinkable for 9.5%

Bit of a write up in brews news here - http://www.brewsnews.com.au/2011/11/scratc...-itch-brisbane/

Good writeup, but I probably won't be going unless they have the Queensland Acceptable Minumum of at least one Credence cover and one Meatloaf cover band per year. Or do they mean by "no cover bands" that we might actually get the likes of Austen Tayshus or the Angels (or was in the Models????)
Mate if the Club Hotel opposite the Caboolture Railway Station next to the all night pie shop can do it, what's wrong with this mob?

:angry:

Rogue brown is gone & replaced with Rogue double dead guy ale 9.5%

O.K rookie review...

Tasted like a well ballanced AIPA to me, nice fruity aroma & good bitterness from the hops, sweet caramel tasting malt & slight alc heat
Far too drinkable for 9.5%

Well that has sealed my attendance tomorrow. Rogue double dead guy ale on tap - cop that Browndog :p
Bribie, no covers - more space for Butterfingers :icon_cheers:

Hijack, Rowy and I will be there Fri from around 3.30 beer o'clock for a civilised session.

was there on saturday nite, great place, one of the boys who runs the places is a mate, im amazed i made it home on my pushbike after the what was meant to be a couple of beers lead to me slapping money on the bar and slurring "surprise me".

Latest posts

Back