New Craft Beer Bar In Brisbane - The Scratch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was there on saturday nite, great place, one of the boys who runs the places is a mate, im amazed i made it home on my pushbike after the what was meant to be a couple of beers lead to me slapping money on the bar and slurring "surprise me".
Sheet.... Don't you live at everton park or somewhere else deep in the hated northside? That's a big drunken ride....

Double Dead Guy was great, but my pick of the litter would have been the Moylan's Kiltlifter. Finished up with a couple of Bitter & twisted.
Good bar, nice people - the wife has already said "No stopping here on the way home from work" (bummer).

Maybe if I rang them first and organised a driveby beer :icon_cheers:

Slightly off topic but when I lived out west the barman at the pub I would drink at would see me pull into the carpark and by the time I was in the door he'd have a beer (well Hahn light, super dry is still a premium beer out there) poured for me. These were referred to as sharpies, the beer you have when you're not having a beer (e.g. when your walking out the door at the end of the night, to walk home obviously, he'd pour another one).

Back on topic - planning to check out scratch today at lunchtime. Am I right in thinking that they only do cheese platters and nothing more lunchy? Not that you can't just have beer and cheese for lunch.... or dinner... or breakfast... :)

Slightly off topic but when I lived out west the barman at the pub I would drink at would see me pull into the carpark and by the time I was in the door he'd have a beer (well Hahn light, super dry is still a premium beer out there) poured for me. These were referred to as sharpies, the beer you have when you're not having a beer (e.g. when your walking out the door at the end of the night, to walk home obviously, he'd pour another one).

Back on topic - planning to check out scratch today at lunchtime. Am I right in thinking that they only do cheese platters and nothing more lunchy? Not that you can't just have beer and cheese for lunch.... or dinner... or breakfast... :)
Correct, though you could get Thai from next door and sit out front.

Way off topic, when I worked in a glassworks in the UK there was a pub opposite the main gate and they would already have two pints of each beer lined up on the bar - for example my two Newcastle Exhibition, Ginger's two pints of Guinness, etc etc, in the exact spots. If someone was off sick we'd get a message to them before knocking off time (usually conveyed by the beer 'runner' who would pop out a couple of times during the day with our orders for cans of Newcastle Brown Ale to drink during the shift). Loved that OH&S back in the 70s :p

The boys and I dropped in last night to check out The Scratch- Loved it, and at only a 5 Minute walk from home, I suspect this is going to be dangerous.

The boys behind the bar were fantastic, keen to guide us through the ever changing tap beers with free samples and descriptions. Free peanuts for our table was a fantastic addition, really making the joint seem friendly and down to earth rather than hipster and elitist which is always a concern when dealing with boutique anything.

Hopefully the enthusiasm from the staff can endure as more people find out about this place. I will definitely be back(far too often for my own good I think)

oh and they serve Stout Milkshakes, I was sceptical, but it works. :icon_cheers:

(snip)
oh and they serve Stout Milkshakes, I was sceptical, but it works. :icon_cheers:

She told me not to stop off for beers after work, didn't say anything about milkshakes.
View attachment 50609
Mmmmm, milkshakes.

Sorry, wandering OT again....

4 Degrees Pale Ale is going on tap this weekend at The Scratch Bar!

Delivering kegs tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy it.

Heading there tomorrow afternoon for a few preparty drinks ahead of the CraftBrewer Christmas party at the German club from 6pm.

Cheers Ross

LOL! You guys sure know how to starta party off!

Congrats Wade - awesome news. Another reason for me to get back to Scratch asap.... like I need another reason :kooi:

Cheers - Snow

Heading there tomorrow afternoon for a few preparty drinks ahead of the CraftBrewer Christmas party at the German club from 6pm.

Cheers Ross

I'm going to check it out this arvo with some folks from work, around 5ish.. any more takers?

Sadly no.
I intend haunting the place in the last few days before Xmas though :icon_cheers:

Guys, be warned, tomorrow Saturday they don't open till 4pm due to a private party beforehand.

cheers Ross

Might go for a wander on down to the Scratch tomorrow arvo. Probably get there around 3, for a few hours, if any one is keen. :beerbang:

Back