New Craft Beer Bar In Brisbane - The Scratch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy shit!!!!
They now have Yeastie Boys - Hud A Wa on tap. Will be poppin my "Scratch" cherry today.......that's one of my fav beers. :beerbang:

Mate its a great bar and the blokes behind the jump are fantastic with great product knowledge. Wait till you see some of the beers they have in the fridge as well. :icon_drool2:

4 Degrees Pale Ale is going on tap this weekend at The Scratch Bar!

Delivering kegs tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy it.

Tried the 4 degrees pale the other day. Top quality. :beerbang:

Tried the 4 degrees pale the other day. Top quality. :beerbang:
Glad you enjoyed it.

The plan the owners have is not to have any beer on all the time.

Our Summer Wheat will be on in the new year and based on the great response the pale had I'm sure it will be on again soon.

Our new Beer "Red Bellied Black" Imperial Red Ale (9.5%) went on tap last night & has nearly sold out.
Will be taking up a fresh keg tomorrow, as heading up for a big session.

Cheers Ross

I only have 1.5 days left in Brissy, back in Sunday night, home Tuesday. I probably won't get back there again but I must say it is definately a different style of pub, well worthy of all its accolades. Who knows I'll next be up but I will definately be back there when I do. :beerbang:

I only have 1.5 days left in Brissy, back in Sunday night, home Tuesday. I probably won't get back there again but I must say it is definately a different style of pub, well worthy of all its accolades. Who knows I'll next be up but I will definately be back there when I do. :beerbang:

Give us all a bit more lead in time Gibbo and we'll arrange a catch up. :beer:

Its now officially summer time and it would be grand to have a fine, locally- brewed lager on tap at a local bar! Seems to be the elephant in the room as far as local beer goes, inevitably it is absent. :( Nevertheless, I'll probably swing by Scratch this week on Wednesday or perhaps Thursday, Friday is on the very outside. WRT the Red Bellied Black, all I can say is thank FSM that I'm not driving! B)

Its now officially summer time and it would be grand to have a fine, locally- brewed lager on tap at a local bar! Seems to be the elephant in the room as far as local beer goes, inevitably it is absent. :( Nevertheless, I'll probably swing by Scratch this week on Wednesday or perhaps Thursday, Friday is on the very outside. WRT the Red Bellied Black, all I can say is thank FSM that I'm not driving! B)

Weds arvo - I'm there!

Sorry winkle, won't be able to make it today as hoped, I'm still in Twba. :( I actually had today off instead, but also this has been unfolding only three doors down the street, just been giving a statement...

Locally brewed lager for the summer time? XXXX Summer Bright Lager!

Sorry winkle, won't be able to make it today as hoped, I'm still in Twba. :( I actually had today off instead, but also this has been unfolding only three doors down the street, just been giving a statement...

Eeek, we'll catch up some other time then mate :icon_cheers:

No sweat winkle, have a happy Christmas and enjoy the afternoon sesh! :icon_cheers:

Yeah M^B, that would be the big brewery just around the corner on Milton Rd of course, just roll a few kegs over maybe? :D Probably been flogged to death before but it was fascinating to see that stuff introduced as a lager, so the usual stuff must be just ordinary old 'Bitter' then. Suppose I shouldn't be so hasty though to knock without ever trying it, however I'm still getting over the Brisbane Bitter revivalist movement.

No sweat winkle, have a happy Christmas and enjoy the afternoon sesh! :icon_cheers:

Yeah M^B, that would be the big brewery just around the corner on Milton Rd of course, just roll a few kegs over maybe? :D Probably been flogged to death before but it was fascinating to see that stuff introduced as a lager, so the usual stuff must be just ordinary old 'Bitter' then. Suppose I shouldn't be so hasty though to knock without ever trying it, however I'm still getting over the Brisbane Bitter revivalist movement.

Ta and same to you :icon_chickcheers:

I'd like to see a keg of Murrays Pils on tap.

The best beers that the above mentioned brewery produced were the revivalist Sparkling Ale and Carbine Stout, both naturally not produced anymore in preferance to low carb bilgewater <_<

Holy crap, heard it on the radio before and was hoping it wasn't you, bloody close though!
Yes indeed Florian, more than close enough! :blink: Some family's Christmas will be a real dud, I do feel for them, it is also sad to say our neighbourhood isn't close like it really should be. :( The undertakers have been, the tape is still up though, they're still hard at it and we've all had a turn at a statement (seems to be some question of foul play).

Winkle, Carbine Stout was one of my teenage staples, along with Woodpecker Cider and the cheapest vodka! Don't remember Sparkling Ale though, google seems to relate that it was a tasty Ale of many moons ago which CP may now brew on occasions for novelty value/ trade marking, a la Brisbane Bitter and Bulimba Gold Top.

It was brought back a few years ago for a limited run (around the early 2000nds for reasons that I can't divulge on OH&S grounds).

We had a good night there, staff very helpful and Florian turned up in time to collect his tupperware :D .
As we were leaving Bo Jingles was going on tap to much interest from the punters - I think you've got a winner there Ross.

Edit: the French cider was friggen great :icon_cheers:
Edit edit: thanks Florian, much appreciated

Thanks Perry..... it even has it's own tee shirt now B)

Bo_Jingles.jpg

Thumbs up on the red belly black. Enjoying one now and it's great.

Back