Naming your home brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wal05 said:
Mine is called Ruff Red Brewing. The name comes from the days when I used to race in enduro's. I was a lot younger and fitter then.....also had a lot more hair....

We made up a team name "Ruff Red Racing", there were two qualifications required to join the team. 1. You had to have red body hair. 2. You had to ride a red bike, I.e. Honda. It was helpful if you were fast as well...!!!

Anyway, SWMBO was good enough to get some signs and labels made for me for Christmas, she did pretty good with the design as well.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1402732313.744768.jpg
The sign looks great. Where'd she get it made?

Trevandjo said:
The sign looks great. Where'd she get it made?
They were done by a local sign writer, she didn't realise at the time but it was the sign writer that I use at work for making signs for our utes, trucks etc. He did the labels as well. Did a top job as well.

"Long Dog Brewhaus" due to my brewery assistant being a miniature Dachshund (sausage dog).

MartinOC said:
Since my brewery is currently rising from the ashes of a 10-year hiaitus, I've decided on "The Phoenix Brewery". I tossed-around the idea of "Fawkes" (as in Harry Potter & also "Gunpowder, treason & plot"), but settled for simplicity.

Now to find a suitably heroic logo......
Erm..... Since we just bought a previously burnt-out property in Kinglake (Vic), I find my previous choice of Brewery name now somewhat prescient...

Still looking for a logo...

Just use a picture of the Kinglake Bakery. Might be able to do something with the outline of Kinglake inverted (from Google maps).

pilgrimspiss said:
'Get Ten Inches down your throat'
A bit aggressive, but at least it's not too subtle.

Where do I send the cheque (or beer) if I use this. I always like to give credit where credit is due.

Mash Monster Brewing Co. is mine - logo in my DP. Had a mate do it up for me. As I own a 3D Printer, I plan on making my taps to hold plastic inserts so I can write in chalk the beer name, but I was actually thinking of having clear inserts, with a label behind it with just the logo set up high so I can write under neath it

Mine and my mates is called 'Fencesitter Brewing Co'. While
talking to my mates into home brewing and while they were being indecisive a bird landed on the fence near a pool we were laying in - and the name was born!

Gonna call mine big tits in honor of my girlfriend. I bet the misses will be not impressed.

Eagleburger said:
Gonna call mine big tits in honor of my girlfriend. I bet the misses will be not impressed.
Dude, you are giving Logan a bad name. Oh, it's already got one? Amazing!

I've got "dirthouse brewing" as i live in a house made of dirt. more interesting however is the names we give our beers... new thread perhaps!

scrimple101 said:
The Galloping Wombat Brewery
The Galloping Wombat, I like it, you could have a lot of funny labels for your bottles.
Cheers....spog..

We're still building our brewery but have settled on the name Pigs & Little Craft Brewery. I tend to talk a lot of random gibberish (usually in the car whilst driving) and after a few day's discussion with the wife about naming the brewery I spouted out the words pigs and little during some sentence of incoherent babble ... she thought that was a good name for the brewery; Pigs & Little Craft Brewery. Thinking about a logo, given that the name doesn't really mean anything its kind of difficult.

Latest posts

Back