Naming your home brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicken Piss Brewing (my nickname is Chicken)

swmbo doesn't like it. "but what if you start selling it?"

that made me laugh

FOON Brewing, cos my mates said if I called it "NOOF BREWING" they'd get mad. As you can tell, I'm shit at naming things.

Mines 'The Leaky Barrel Brewery. ' my five year old son gave me the inspiration for the name after two occasions he had to tell me my barrel was leaking. Really I had forgot to shut the tap on the fermenter when racking my beer. It now has a face book page although its along way off finished. Still makes good beer.

MetalRooster. Was born in the year of the Rooster, and recently learnt that the Chinese also associate elements to the years, so mine was the year of the Metal Rooster. I'm not Chinese, nor do I follow anything to do with the zodiac but thought the name sounded cool. And then I pictured a Rooster dressed as a Roman Legionary, instant logo.

I've posted this before, but I wanted something significant to my suburb (Footscray). It's an old area with strong working class and migrant roots. Much of the historical references I was able to find were about the Football team. I learned that in the 1880s, they took to the field as the Prince Imperials, after a former heir to the French throne who was killed by Zulu warriors. I thought it was an interesting and suitably obscure story and I liked the name (Bone Mill Brewery was another contender, the Doggies also took to the field as "The Bone Mill Fellows at one stage).

Goomba Palace Brewery or just Palace Brewery (or Brauhaus if I'm doing something German).

My grandfather is Indian, and the nephew of the (now former) Maharajah of the area (the British had them acting as sorts of Viceroy of the British Empire and yet the ruler of their state - basically British used the place for their interests but let the locals rule what they had).

When the republic was finally formed and the Indian Government stripped the wealth from those who had it, they lost everything and my grandfather used his British passport and went to England with the shirt on his back. Met my grandmother (scouse), had kids, eventually moved to Australia, which is where I was born.

Even if the titles were still available, I'd be like 200th or something in line to the throne, there's a ton of kids from my grandfather's generation. It's more the heritage thing, along with the other nationalities that I know about in the last 4 generations (hence why my Irish Red gets called McGoomba, and if the Portuguese or Roma people had a beer of note, I'd brew that and give it the appropriate name).

Also explains the handle I chose.

I live in the Melbourne suburb Reservoir and I have a PhD, so my brewery is called Reservoir Doc's. Apologies to Quentin Tarantino.

Mines CrookedFingers Brewing.

Spent nearly half my life on a basketball court and ended up with 4 or 5 pretty banged up digits.
2nd knee reco caused a retirement a few years back.

Stew's Craft Brews. Main point of contention was I wanted to call it Stew's Home Brews but my wife said it might put those less knowledgeable about the fine art of homebrew off.

Just got a new logo and labels done by a mate to replace my old MS Paint bodge-up. Logo below, labels are variation on the theme with different colours and imagery for different beers. Came out pretty well.

13283592334_ee6896602b.jpg

Nice label waggastew, although all I can read is "brewed in hope"

I brew with hope every time btw. :)

my brewery is called Reservoir Doc's.

How about Gutter Brews?

Just kidding. We're in Lalor and Inner-city suburb Rezza is our first port of call when we want to hob nob with the posh sorts.... ;)

Mardoo said:
Since you like bung so much Cocko I'll tell you the answer I got to that exact question: Just look at the person like you would if their eyes were normalforward like everyone else. Usually the bung eye focuses forward as if it was normalforward.

My brewery's named The Gander. I admire male geese. They're all peaceful and, ya know, birdy, but mess with their loved ones and they'll **** you right up.
"I'll have a Gander" would be a good slogan.

The name of my brewery is Madhouse Brewery and if anyone comes to my house and everyone is at home ( 5 kids and 2 adults) , you will know exactly why its called madhouse. Adz.

I have tentatively grabbed the name 'Dead Poet Brewing'...because I live on Henry Lawson way.

Think it sounds a bit like a wanky winery name......

Little Johns' Brewing as a back up......no not Robin Hood's mate.

Bad Taste Brewing

Initially I was going to name all my beers after really terrible moments in the history of the specific style's nation of origin, but then My production rate exceed my creative output and I just named them BTB IPA, etc... etc... etc....

The brewery name stuck though so it is what it is.

waggastew said:
Stew's Craft Brews. Main point of contention was I wanted to call it Stew's Home Brews but my wife said it might put those less knowledgeable about the fine art of homebrew off.

Just got a new logo and labels done by a mate to replace my old MS Paint bodge-up. Logo below, labels are variation on the theme with different colours and imagery for different beers. Came out pretty well.
And what the label looks like mounted on a tap

13315080235_b40a7cdb14.jpg

Latest posts

Back