Name the bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with the venture Yob, if i ever get down that way i'll be sure to call in.

Nev.

Wot?? No malt in the flyer/signage?? How DARE you, sirrah?

Fix that immediately, or I shall henceforth take a rusty Scimitar to your nether regions...or offer to pack your next parachute (it's been awhile & I may have forgotten how to do it properly..).

Getting the feeling some of us may name this bar "Home".

I'd be more than happy for clientele to yell 'Norm!' everytime I enter the bar.

Just the one?

Ha, that's the very reason why the wife generally handles media out..

Braden, we will cover AA many styles as we can, and rotate often, should be a weekly rotation, no fixed taps.. They're all mine to play with.. Had a number of breweries trying to get me on a solid tap for them but Politely refused.

full

Cool Room is operational, had it down to 2 degrees in there today, waiting on fonts to be built and installed for the 7 new lines, if I can get the 4 existing lines re pathed to the cool room tmoz, and the rest done next week I could be slinging some craft by next Thursday and Friday I hope... following one for sure...

Lots of internal works to happen before than and Im struggling with time and the sheer number of tasks.. which seems to grow by 2 every time I nail one of them... but I think I'll be on top of it in time. So Thursday or Friday week could well be a soft opening, Ive given myself time to bed everything in and get used to the system before the Hard opening in August
Yeah I'd would like a bot led of your finniest .

should be a weekly rotation, no fixed taps.. They're all mine to play with.. Had a number of breweries trying to get me on a solid tap for them but Politely refused.

Is this so that through customer purchase/feed back a couple of taps may become dedicated to a particular brewery and style?

we will cover AA many styles as we can, and rotate often, should be a weekly rotation, no fixed taps.. They're all mine to play with.. Had a number of breweries trying to get me on a solid tap for them but Politely refused.

Could I suggest your flyer/name board etc. include the words "Free House" for that very reason (as opposed to a "tied house")

For a period there in California there was almost always a local band named Free Beer in most local California punk scenes.

Se here we are...

We are planning a "Soft Opening" on Friday 30th June, the Cool room is in and Functional, the Taps have been installed (but not polished) the lines have been installed, the Gas board is being connected today..

Vast amounts of craft beer kegs are turning up on Thursday and Friday we we feel we should do the right thing and try and break the whole thing... as you do with any new toy you need to find it's weak spots and thats what we are looking for.

If youre keen, pop in and say hello, it's not the shiny opening but more a sneaky testing of the systems, many things still need to happen internally for the big opening in August but ya gotta start somewhere right? The idea is that we can flush out any issues so as not to have embarrassing gafs at the Hard Launch... I dont mind so much if something explodes in front of you lot coz I'll get you to plug the hole while we fix it... (joke, nothings going to explode)

Pop in and have a giggle if you're in the area

Se here we are...

the Taps have been installed (but not polished) the lines have been installed, the Gas board is being connected today..

Better get the polishing cloth and elbow grease then out Yob, you can't expect us to drink from unpolished taps can you? Beer always tastes better out of nice, shiny stainless taps.

Better get the polishing cloth and elbow grease then out Yob, you can't expect us to drink from unpolished taps can you? Beer always tastes better out of nice, shiny stainless taps.

I might be doing it while you're there yet.. The taps are shiny, but the fonts are ghetto currently.. ;)

Back