Mythos Greek Lager @ Aldi

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asha05

Reaction score
Just finished my weekly shop at Aldi. Came across Mythos Greek Hellenic Lager...$10 a sixer Or $36 a slab.
Never had before. Is it any good?

Just finished my weekly shop at Aldi. Came across Mythos Greek Hellenic Lager...$10 a sixer Or $36 a slab.
Never had before. Is it any good?

there is a reason its so cheap

Bought a case of Oettenger German Pils last week which was ok for $29, the bottles are good too.

Bought a case of Oettenger German Pils last week which was ok for $29, the bottles are good too.

Yeah i always take a slab of the cans away camping...Go down a treat round the fire...But have one too many while sitting down the 500ml cans sneak up on you...!

Yes i agree, but some of the german ones they have at times are quite good & also cheap.

germans are known for their beer

greeks are known for olives, olive oil and fetta

if you dont believe me, drink one of your mythos beers and then report back

I found some greek Vergina beer at my local bottlo last week.

It's the bottlo on Victoria Rd, Marrickville, if you don't believe me. Greek VB, in taste as well as name...

Greek beer was great when I was there many years ago, Amstel, Alpha and Fix brands as well as Henninger - as good as anything out of Holland. However as with everything EuroMega the quality has probably declined to buggery.

Any notion that this is a good beer is a Myth(os)! :p Very bland.

That said, I have very good stuff about this Greek Beer It's getting into more places around OZ (not Aldi) and appranently the smoked lager is esp good. i think I heard the brewer might even be an ex Aussie (I think!)

Cheers SJ

Any notion that this is a good beer is a Myth(os)! :p Very bland.

That said, I have very good stuff about this Greek Beer It's getting into more places around OZ (not Aldi) and appranently the smoked lager is esp good. i think I heard the brewer might even be an ex Aussie (I think!)

Cheers SJ

where have you seen this sold supra-jim ?

I haven't Don, I only heard things about it. A quick search shows these guys import it.

Might be worth trying them if you want to track some down.

Cheers SJ

There is a greek restaurant near my place here that has the smoked lager...Very nice. Waiter told me it is only sold to restaurants through a wholesaler.

Had some at a Greek restaurant at the end of waverly and dandy road in malvern, anyways it was fairly bland but still shits all over vb or carlton draught which a lot of places still offer... and especially at that price, for a cheap beer its better than a lot of other megabeers out there...

Latest posts

Back