Mythos Greek Lager @ Aldi

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always find it weird people posting these threads here, to me its like posting on a musicians forum how you can get a cheap casio keyboard at K-mart.
Would you go to a boat building enthsiasts forum and mention you can get a cheap boat from aldi?

Not really the same though as most of us have a use for a $40 carton at times, put the cheap boat and k-mart keyboard together and make a day of it.

I always find it weird people posting these threads here, to me its like posting on a musicians forum how you can get a cheap casio keyboard at K-mart.
Would you go to a boat building enthsiasts forum and mention you can get a cheap boat from aldi?

Not really the same though as most of us have a use for a $40 carton at times, put the cheap boat and k-mart keyboard together and make a day of it.

Apologies for posting about beer...

I would agree if the OP was about VB being on special but he was really asking if this beer that he had spotted was any good. Reasonable question.

Tried Mythos a while back and was underwhelmed.

Agree that some of the German beers at Aldi are worth a stop in. My advice? Walk straight past the Mythos and grab one of these - 1 litre cans.
kaiserdom%20dark.jpg

The Germans know how to knock out a beer. Even a cheap aldi one. And the dark lager is the pick of them when you run out of homebrew.

Hopper.

Any thread where somebody gets to ask 'Has anyone tasted Vergina' is a good one, in my (very immature) opinion!

Tried Mythos a while back and was underwhelmed.

Agree that some of the German beers at Aldi are worth a stop in. My advice? Walk straight past the Mythos and grab one of these - 1 litre cans.
kaiserdom%20dark.jpg

The Germans know how to knock out a beer. Even a cheap aldi one. And the dark lager is the pick of them when you run out of homebrew.

Hopper.

Bought one on the last shop. Only had a few left. And it was bloody nice...Went down nice on a cold saturday arvo...

australia is known for its beef, wheat and resources, amongst other things

not olives

:icon_offtopic:

Yeah, just like when we started exporting beef and we were knocked for it by the Americans.....
And when we started exporting wool and were knocked for it by the English and Scottish weavers.......
And when we started exporting wine and were knocked for it by the Europeans......
.......etc etc

It is only a matter of time before we produce olives equal and better to the quality available anywhere in the world.

Back