• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

My BIAB , stainless steel basket instead of bag, your thoughts ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments everyone, the wort is really clear , I was thinking of doing a youtube video to show just how good it is, the basket is jiggled up and down
like a tea bag.The 400 micron mesh doesn't let fragments through.As you lift the basket in the pot it sucks clear wort back in to flow through the grain. You don't
have to do this all the time as the heat from the bottom also moves warm wort through.
As for cleaning I turn it upside down on the grass and put the hose on it . I guess you could put in a dishwasher if you have a bigger washer as the stainless steel
wouldn't be damaged but I haven't done it.
I've been using it lately to make wort for yeast starters as it's quick and not much cleaning up.

Did anyone manage to source a steel BIAB container / Bag?

A steel basket seems to make so much sense as i often use the flame during mash to maintain temps and it is a painful trying not to burn the lips of my bags.

I reckon you would get a better mash also as you would have a grain bed that you could more easily stir than you do in a bag.

Back