Move To All Grain For Thirty Bucks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the most exciting step. It's like I've been eating tinned spaghetti for my whole life and someone has just showed me what can be done with a pack of pasta, garlic, onion, oregano and tomatoes.

Nah mate, you aint getting out of it that easy, your making your own pasta.
If you want good beer you gotta work for it.

sorry nick to ask a question for a beer you probably made yonks ago, but i noticed in the earlier pages you primed a bottle with skittles...how did that one turn out?

Pickaxe said:
This thread is legendary. I'm going to go for it. I like the small batch size, and low risk.

NickJD - bloody legend.

Big W pot - check.
Esky - Check.
Bag - picking one up tomorrow with some grain.
Bloody helpful tutorial - check.

I'm sold.
What's the esky for?

I'm gonna mash in it eventually, maybe let me up my batch sizes a bit. Once I have two pots, another fermenter I'll be able to mash a lot more grain in the esky, and do 2 small-med batches. Start experimenting a lot more with hops additions.

Chunkious said:
Like using a Belgium Yeast
Belgium is the country. Belgian is the adjective.
Nothing wrong with Belgian yeast.
Guess you don't like Belgian beer...

I feel like I'm Will Hunting.......nah not a big Belgian fan Clowny.

Guys,

I went out and got my pot today from Big W (so long K&K) however was only able to pick up the below FV. Its marked for drinking water so I assume its ok to use I couldnt find any marked safe for food etc.

O953Dum.jpg

I did my first BIAB yesterday using basically the technique Nick outlined at the start of this topic.

I did a half batch in a 19L BigW pot. I used one of those butane camp stoves and it boiled 14L of wort no problem, I had to turn it down.

As a lot of people say it is easier than extract and grains and I am looking forward to my next brew day. No more extract for me!

I reckon the majority of new AG brewers started with this thread. I certainly did.

So what happens next? Do you add yeast and brew it in the pot?

S R F said:
So what happens next? Do you add yeast and brew it in the pot?
I put aluminium foil over the top, cooled it in the bath and then poured it into my fermenter when cool and added the rehydrated yeast.

eresh666 said:
Guys,

I went out and got my pot today from Big W (so long K&K) however was only able to pick up the below FV. Its marked for drinking water so I assume its ok to use I couldnt find any marked safe for food etc.

O953Dum.jpg
You need to get one with the hole at the top, this one looks like it has a hole on the side which will make things difficult.

:p

Latest posts

Back