Move To All Grain For Thirty Bucks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't know what was said, but AHB will be worse off without nick. he's helped me out so much. outspoken perhaps; but we all are at times. i'm saddened that a slap on the wrist and a temporary ban wasn't used and a permanent ban was put in place. kinda pathetic really. 2c.

Nick, RIP. may you rise again. This is a better place with you. Without you I'd still be smashing out k&k.

What a shame, Nick's pics are gone – Wanted to forward this to a mate to get him into BIAB, sadly it's missing a lot.

Can someone contact Nick / AHB to get the pics reposted?

This thread is a valuable resource for every aspiring brewer.

He must have removed them from the host account, I don't believe that he hosted pics through AHB, any picture removal would have been by his hand not mods

i dont blame nick for removing them, they are his property and he can do whatever he likes with them, in fact we were lucky that he shared them with us, and i thank nick as it is this very thread that got me into ag

i'd also be selling my woolies shares as a result of this, their sales are on a downward spiral as no one will be buying 19 l pots :D

I hadn't done any sort of brewing ever. This thread made me want to jump straight in. I thank Nick for that! :beer:

For sale 2 x 19l pots. Authentic woollies pots. These pots have been specially treated at the factory to enhance flavour in AG brewing. No other pots have this special feature. Bargain basement price of $200.00 per pot inclusive of GST. These won't last long so start the PM's boys!

Despite everything that may or may not of happened separate to this (I'm not privvy to any of it so cannot comment) I believe this is a great loss to the forum. If it wasn't for reading threads such as this one...I'd doubt i would of gotten the courage to even give AG a go and probably would of thrown in the brewing towel all together (K & K and extract to me is just not drinkable or worth the effort), and for that I have to thank Nick JD for showing everyone how easy and simple the process can be.

It's a real shame the pics have been taken down, but at the end of the day, he is free to do as he pleases with them as they are his.

Yes, this thread helped push me over the line going AG.

That being said, there are plenty of videos on youtube, blog sites and other resources on the web that will run people through BIAB. Google is a great resource that will take you to these places. There's vids of Bribie BIABing online somewhere. BABBS System wars. This wasnt the only thread that I read before my first BIAB.

Not trying to diminish NickJDs contribution, but there are other ways to go.

Someone could always take photos next time they brew? Or as Yob pointed out, check out Goomba's photos and videos on 2pot with lauter thread.

Pickaxe said:
Yes, this thread helped push me over the line going AG.

That being said, there are plenty of videos on youtube, blog sites and other resources on the web that will run people through BIAB. Google is a great resource that will take you to these places. There's vids of Bribie BIABing online somewhere. BABBS System wars. This wasnt the only thread that I read before my first BIAB.

Not trying to diminish NickJDs contribution, but there are other ways to go.

Someone could always take photos next time they brew? Or as Yob pointed out, check out Goomba's photos and videos on 2pot with lauter thread.
definitely. this isn't a be all and end all of BIAB. anyone who is genuinely interested can find whatever they're looking for online.

yeah definitely agree, sorry i should of been a bit clearer in my post.

I didnt mean for it to come across as though this is the only article or nickJD was the only person to help me...this is far from the truth. I have learnt alot in such a short time from others as well...bribie, bum, and many others...sorry if i have forgotten you all...but i value all of the help that I have gotten from everyone.

I guess i was just trying to make the point that this article definitely was one that opened my eyes and changed my thinking from shit that sounds hard to you know what i can do that, and therefore played a part in getting me started in BIAB brewing

Agree there are a lot of other resources out there, but this one was so easy to follow.

Hope someone else can do a similar post, and while I have no idea what happened with nick / ahb, the brew community has suffered.

BIAB is a gateway to proper beer, at least beer that tastes like beer.

Florian said:
I'll grab both Rowy if it's not too late?
Sorry Florian both went within 5 minutes. Either I let them go too cheap or Goomba s trying to corner the Woolies pot market in Tassie!

Latest posts

Back