Mount Tamborine Micro For Sale?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF?

Seriously Rumours like this can distroy a business can you guys see that???? I've seen it happen! The only dickhead is the one wanting to perpetuate the rumour, no?

BribieG and others thanks for the kind words of support but this really gets my goat up, it is this kind of rumour that can nail a business and the STAFF it employs to the wall. I also know the owners of both breweries and I am sure this kind of crap would be somewhat unsavoury to them as it is to me.

Cheers

Chappo

I'm sorry, I'm not really in the loop on this one. You guys carry on with whatever it is you're up to, you know, protecting other peoples business, saving lost puppies etc.

WTF?

I know the owner of the brewery in question and I am sure this kind of rumour-mongering would be somewhat unsavoury to them as it is to me. Seriously Rumours like this can destroy a business - I've seen it happen!

Where did you hear it was up for sale?

Cheers

Chappo

Chappo,

I took the liberty of editing you last post into something that perhaps you should have put up initially. Not that I really care, but I can understand why some have had a go at you mate, your initial response did come across a little harsh and it does look like you are shooting down someone for asking a simple question.

Oh, millet man - brewery was still there this arvo too mate ;)

sigh, yet another AHB thread :icon_offtopic:

Chappo,

I took the liberty of editing you last post into something that perhaps you should have put up initially. Not that I really care, but I can understand why some have had a go at you mate, your initial response did come across a little harsh and it does look like you are shooting down someone for asking a simple question.

Oh, millet man - brewery was still there this arvo too mate ;)

sigh, yet another AHB thread :icon_offtopic:

Thank you wakkatoo! Must be me building back ground that makes me sound a little harsh? :icon_cheers:

Chappo

Thank you wakkatoo! Must be me building back ground that makes me sound a little harsh? :icon_cheers:

Chappo

so you're the little tyke that kevin b wilson was referring to in his song :ph34r:

The only brewery or related I've seen for sale of late is Mathilda Bay, Fosters Group.

http://www.graysonline.com/Search.aspx?q=mathilda

Trust me - a bargain hunter like me is always on the look out for good stuff for cheap. :p That and my mates in the insolvency biz know who to call when they want industrial hardware sold quickly.

Cheers - Fermented.

So if I was to offer 4 mill... would it be for sale?

Glad to hear that all is well on the mountain!

Heading up that way in January 2010, planned to visit for a quiet one or three!!!!!

Cheers,
Jase

I'm sorry, I'm not really in the loop on this one. You guys carry on with whatever it is you're up to, you know, protecting other peoples business, saving lost puppies etc.

I'm not defending Chappo or having a dig at you PB, you're both entitled to your own opinions, but just so you follow where Chappo is coming from in what he says about rumours destroying businesses.

The Building Industry is a very fickle one as so many go bust, and as soon as there is a rumour (even if it is unsubstantiated) about either selling up, going broke etc etc... Suppliers can and will freeze credit, Tradies will literally drop tools mid job etc etc.(again even if the rumour is unsubstantiated) which makes it very hard on the Builder to finish any jobs already under construction, which could send him to the wall. It takes days, even weeks for everything to go back to normal, and time is money. There are Companies out there that take Caveats over your house before they give you any credit, and these are the ones freeze credit on rumours before anything is substantiated - so there is a hell of a lot at stake. I have seen it, Chappo has seen it.

I realise that this is 2 diffferent industries we are talking about, but business is business....

Enough of my ramblings...

Cheers

Sully

I realise that this is 2 diffferent industries we are talking about, but business is business....

Cheers

Sully

In the world of business, EVERY business that is SALEABLE is up for sale. If I had of won that $106 million last week, trust me, a brewery would have been on my list !

Chappo went a little hard but that's the passion of the man and why we like him. Farken mad as a cut snake, but what the hell, I'd have him as a neighbour ! !

Sometime in the future the MT breweries will sell and hopefully on their own terms. Maybe this little thread will do them good - bring the name to the fore again - its' good publicity. The only thing wrong with either brewery is that they are about 1500 klm to far north. Good luck to them !

So if I was to offer 4 mill... would it be for sale?

One of them would sell in a heartbeat for 4mill .... with the other you would be dreaming....

edit cause I had some words front the back

Chappo went a little hard but that's the passion of the man and why we like him. Farken mad as a cut snake, but what the hell, I'd have him as a neighbour ! !
Sorry don't know the guy. However as I said he can say what he likes, my issue is with the lame attempt to moderate via vigilante mob.

Sorry don't know the guy. However as I said he can say what he likes, my issue is with the lame attempt to moderate via vigilante mob.

:icon_offtopic:

PB, I thought him and a few other a bit harsh with their comments, particularly slamming the OP and his lack of posting. But that's not anything I worry about. I don't know the bloke who logged the OP, so will say no more about him. Almost certainly if Chappo hadn't of gone in boots'n'all this thread would have died a quick death, as very few people would be in a position to either confirm or deny the rumour. But Chappo and friends are big boys and are allowed to do what they want, providing its by the AHB rules - if they live by the sword be prepared to die by it too !

Yes, I too worry at times about "mob" rule in some threads. That said these are the exception rather than the rule and if you don't like it, do what I do and ignore that thread. Like most people I've learnt far more about brewing from the AHB than any text book. But you make a good point PB and I reckon people should exercise a little restraint at times.

As for having Chappo as a neighbour, that was figuratively speaking of course. :rolleyes:

:party: (Chappo's the one on the ground)

have 3 variations of the 1st anniversary beer maturing at home.... can't say what it is yet but it does involve the numbers 3,7,8 and 7

I hope it's an ode to what the quiet servants of the Abbey of Saint Sixtus do with it. I also hope that said 3787 required several practice runs before the "big game"!

I hope it's an ode to what the quiet servants of the Abbey of Saint Sixtus do with it. I also hope that said 3787 required several practice runs before the "big game"!
I hope we'll all be able to grab (sanitised) handfuls of said 3787 again when all is done and dusted.

:icon_offtopic:

As for having Chappo as a neighbour, that was figuratively speaking of course. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Property values would plummet if he moved into your neighbourhood.... :ph34r:

My issue is that just because some one doesn't post much, it is assumed they are only here to stir up trouble or that they are new to brewing and don't know much.

I read this site every couple of days for info on what is happening in the industry and brewery or beer reviews.

I however very rarely post, it isn't because i don't know what i am talking about , it is just i don't need to post every day just so i can get my post's up and become a Master Brewer or Beer God.

If you don't wan't to reply to some ones post or it is a post that has been said before just ignore it.
This site probably loser's alot of people because as soon as they ask a question they get bombarded by people who feel they own the Forums.

I always feel better getting stuff off my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back