Monster Mill Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayandcath

Reaction score
Hi All,
Looking at buying a Monster Mill and they said they would give us 10% off for 4+ mills shipped to the same address, so were looking for interest from other brewers that might be keen. The shipping address will be Woolloongabba, Queensland.

Mill Link

Jay - MM2, 1/2" shaft and S/S upgrade
Troopadour - MM3, 1/2" shaft and S/S upgrade

Cheers,

Jay

Cannibal Smurf - MM3 2.0 S/S upgrade

Cannibal Smurf - MM3 2.0 S/S upgrade

I thought about the SS upgrade when i bought my mill. Ended up not going with it for two reasons. 1) I could not justify the $80US, does SS really cost that much? 2) I have been using a mates Valley Mill for near on two years and I reckon he has had it for at least 8, the rollers are not SS and still are in tip top condition. At a guess I have put through around 500kg's of grain and before that at least another 1000kg.

My 10c worth :)

BYB

Jay when are you looking at putting this one through.

I will be intersted in the MM3 with 1/2" shaft.

Brad

Jay when are you looking at putting this one through.

I will be intersted in the MM3 with 1/2" shaft.

Brad

Been talking for a while, but probably next 2-3 weeks.

And as for postage, The same rates that they offer from website as he says this is the cheapest. But a couple of us are looking at 2 rollers, so we might be able to split the postage.

Jay

Here is the shipping rates from the man himself.

The shipping cost is $43 USD each for any 2" mill, and $43 USD for two MM-2, or one MM-3 and a MM-2. Two MM-3 mills are over the 20 lb flat rate limit.

So, Here is how prices look at todays rates: -

MM2 - with 1/2" shalf and S/S upgrade - $172au
MM3 - with 1/2" shalf and S/S upgrade - $243au

MM2 - with S/S upgrade - $265au
MM3 - with S/S upgrade - $380au

Shipping - $46.70au

Jay

You guys won't regret getting a monster - I recently got myself an MM3 and its farken awesome. And with the Aussie dollar climbing the way it is you should be able to do it pretty cheap.

Emailed MM and they have a couple of scratch & dent MM2's if anyone is interested in saving a few $$ for the sake of a few scratches.

Get the scratch and dent ones! NickB and I got one each, $100 AUD landed all up

MM-3 - Used - $120
MM-3 1/2 - Used - $125
MM-2 1/2 - Used with some minor rust on the rollers - $87
Also, a NIB CrankandStein CGM-2A - old leftover. - $80

This is what Fred has available in scratch and dent/used items.

MM-3 - Used - $120
MM-3 1/2 - Used - $125
MM-2 1/2 - Used with some minor rust on the rollers - $87
Also, a NIB CrankandStein CGM-2A - old leftover. - $80

This is what Fred has available in scratch and dent/used items.
Wow! Can I put a bid in for the used MM-2 1/2 at $87 please? (Yeah, correct, I'm a tight- *rse...)
If there's any hassle with numbers making up the order or going over freight mass, I'll defer, no probs.

Also, that's USD I guess? Not that there's a huge difference ATM.

Many thanks guys!

:icon_cheers:

Is this buy/order done and dusted, cancelled or continuing? Im in need of a mill.
Cheers Daz

So for the lack of communications guys, I've been out of action for a few days. I will chase up MM and see what they've got as CS has done already and get some options............stay tuned.

Jay

I'd be keen on either the NIB CrankandStein CGM-2A - old leftover. - $80 or the used MM3 for $120...without opening a can of worms or massive debate, can someone tell me the difference??? I'm using a marga at the mo and it takes forever to crush (hand cranking) 4kg of grain (20mins :eek: )

on the monster mill site it says you should use a corded drill to mill grain - will a decent cordless drill work?

I'm up for one of the rejects or maybe the MM2 without SS upgrade. That's provided I can go halves in the shipping cost as above.

The base MM2 with regular shaft and not in SS seems good enough? Anyone disagree?

A regular MM2 should be $123 AU inc delivery if we can get an even number.

Any chance of pushing the 10% discount if we get more orders?

Back