Mmm....Is the Gov starting to crackdown on distilling ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Devil Dog said:
Yeah, it could be worse, could resort to snide personal remarks.

Black Devil Dog said:
Can you also please run it past the 'know-alls' on AHB? We'd sure hate to keep them out of the fuckin' loop.
It would appear you already have it covered.

We need not sign, and be left out of the trading groups, would we be better off, no, we would be out in the cold, I for one believe we are better in than out.
The trubunal that is hearing the Phillip Morris case is not subject rule of law, does not follow any form of precedent, has no reporting obligation, has no form of judiciary, is not independant and allows for no form of appeal. These cases have rendered Canada's environmental law unworkable for many local authorities. Might be worth looking at some of the submissions to DFAT by institutions such as ANU and other universities/ international law faculties.

620rossco said:
The trubunal that is hearing the Phillip Morris case is not subject rule of law, does not follow any form of precedent, has no reporting obligation, has no form of judiciary, is not independant and allows for no form of appeal. These cases have rendered Canada's environmental law unworkable for many local authorities. Might be worth looking at some of the submissions to DFAT by institutions such as ANU and other universities/ international law faculties.
This is EXACTLY the problem with these types of deals

Its basically now a case of " He said i could and now he wont let me anymore"......

So if the sovereign country changes the law, which they are allowed to do, they cant make it apply to to an existing agreement

So, for instance, The Great BIg multinational comes in, signs a deal to built a plant that makes stuff. After a few years the government changes some laws ( general in nature, not specicif the the company ) because they find that the stuff they are making is hazardous,polluting, damaging the environment, or the workers are being exploited, The Great Big Multinational can say " **** you, you said we could do this, and we will...get stuffed"....and get away with it

What does this have to do with the Gov cracking down on distilling, fucks me

@stu:

The question was asked pages ago - I gave up.
we've had ISIS/ISIL, Hitler, free trade agreements, left/right politics including capitalism vs social welfare and religion.

Surprisingly civil considering the diversity of topics on a beer forum. Utterly nonsensical but no-one's perfect I guess.

It's Stu's fault, he failed to correctly name the topic of the thread, it should have been ... distilling, unions, fta's and other shit.

Trust Tony. He's a good bloke. I know cos Andrew Bolt has had dinner with him, I read andrew bolt semi regularly and he is certainly a good bloke.

And Tony is also good mates with Alan Jones.

He has an impeccable circle of friends

wide eyed and legless said:
Tony is still working on getting ISDS removed from the TPPA. Unlike Krudd and Crean who were willing to sign up.
How do you know this ?

WEAL- So cynical of supernatural, all powerful, mystical creatures, so trusting of those in, and with direct power.

Back