Mill Motors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my complete grain mill as promised. Just got to add the castors. If I work out video ..i will add it with the Amp/Volt meter running.

20151012_131225.jpg

20151012_131217.jpg

20151012_131210.jpg

Grainer said:
Here is my complete grain mill as promised. Just got to add the castors. If I work out video ..i will add it with the Amp/Volt meter running.
I am about to build mine so would you mind sharing some details of the build, like parts/providers and the reason for the extras. That would be much appreciated.

Black n Tan said:
I am about to build mine so would you mind sharing some details of the build, like parts/providers and the reason for the extras. That would be much appreciated.
sure..happy to help/.. can pm details

I've joined the cool kids gang. Everything ordered today. Another project, more fun. Another 'couple-a-hundgy' spent saving money on beer....

mckenry said:
Another 'couple-a-hundgy' spent saving money on beer....
I'm a long way off saving money yet, maybe in five years. That's only if I stop spend now. Your a long time dead.

Okay, dumb question time.

Does the 12mm shaft from the gear box need to be keyed, or have a flat section ground into it?

Or is it just circular and held in with sufficient force from the screws (and does the motor come with these screws)?

The shaft on my MaltMuncher had a little notch ground into the end, but as it is (I think) 10mm, I'll need a coupler anyway.

It has a hole in it on the opposite side for a screw or whatever. I got some hitch pins that im hopefully gonna use if i ever get the time to put it together.

Thought I'd show how mine turned out.
I bought the optional sensor. Works a treat.
If anyones interested for future reference - doesnt start under load when the RPM is set too high.
Takes off with 12kg grain in the hopper when its speed is low.
I've only run it 3 times, but impressed. Dont really need to turn the speed up that much either.

View attachment Video.MOV

Milk-lizard84 said:
Love the hopper. Did you make it yourself?
No. Nick (Barleyman) gave it to me when he upgraded. Right time right place. I did want to buy one from him just the same but no one could give him a good price for a small run.

That hopper looks fantastic! Just what I'm after. I wonder if Nick has a template for it.

Almost certain that is just a monster mills hopper modded to fit the mashmaster. Mashmaster is apparently coming out with something similar soon

edit:poor spelling

huez said:
Almost certain that is just a monster mills hopper modded to fit the mashmaster. Mashmaster is apparently coming out with something similar soon
Fingers crossed!

Obsessed, your unit looks GREAT... You could really finish that off with an awesome LED Lightshow setup :lol:

Brummagem - You need to turn your current limit UP, that's why it wont start at high speed. At low speed its not pulling as much current so its not tripping the limit, but at high speed it will suck a LOT more current. Turning the current limit up will fix this. It sounds great though, you've really got it well levelled and it looks pretty good too!

Love seeing the builds!
its amazing the talent you people all have adapting random bits and pieces for really creative uses... I'm sure half of you must be drunk when you get these ideas! But by god they're great! :beerbang:

Hot dam. I finally, after truck loads of fekn about, have a fully functional motorised grain mill. Thanks to Grainer for the inspiration and the info. Its been a good day.

Latest posts

Back