Melbourne Monster Mill Mm-2 Accsseory Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thats got to suck! If you are going this route, get yourself a western union money order or something that can be easily traced. Only issue is the money is not held by a 3rd party with records of transactions. Not that i dont trust Fred but you can never trust international mail handlers!

Just another option, if the 3.5% fee was such an issue for him with paypal, why dont you just cut a deal with him for only 6.5% off? instead?

Works for both of you and the 3.5% he loses to paypal, balances out from sending a cheque?!? Just an idea.

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for that Braden. I prefer paypal as well; its quick, easy and reliable. For people like me that's just a young child soon to be 31, I hardly have any knowledge regarding these redundant forms of payment. Travelers check??? :lol: :blink:

I will reply to the Monster and suggest 6.5% off instead. Hope that's OK with everyone. I do not think we will save any money on doing a money order to the States anyway, since the [greedy] bank tend to hit you quite hard for international transfers.

1. LRB - hopper and base + Crank Handle (MM2)
2. Supra-Jim - hopper and base (MM2) CONFIRMED
3. CM2 - hopper and Base (MM2) CONFIRMED
4. Leigh - hopper and base (MM2)
5. Komodo - hopper only (MM3-2.0)
6. Hutch - hopper only (MM2)
7. beerDingo - hopper and base (MM3-2.0 - new mill - if possible) CONFIRMED
8. Christmasbender - hopper and base (MM2 - new mill - if possible)
9. Kleiny - hopper and base (for MM2)CONFIRMED
10. HairOfTheDog - hopper and base (MM2 - new mill - if possible)

you could always do a wire transfer. costs $20 for the privilidge from ANZ.

im still in

i refer to my post above. internation wire transfer from a bank. $20. completely traceable.

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks for that Braden. I prefer paypal as well; its quick, easy and reliable. For people like me that's just a young child soon to be 31, I hardly have any knowledge regarding these redundant forms of payment. Travelers check??? :lol: :blink:

I will reply to the Monster and suggest 6.5% off instead. Hope that's OK with everyone. I do not think we will save any money on doing a money order to the States anyway, since the [greedy] bank tend to hit you quite hard for international transfers.

if you go over $571 the 3.5% will be more than $20.

if you go over $571 the 3.5% will be more than $20.

I also suggested to give him my credit card details as an alternative option of payment. Direct transfers that's not held by a third part for a week is preferable. Lets wait for the final quote and take it from there.

1. LRB - hopper and base + Crank Handle (MM2)
2. Supra-Jim - hopper and base (MM2) CONFIRMED
3. CM2 - hopper and Base (MM2) CONFIRMED
4. Leigh - hopper and base (MM2) CONFIRMED
5. Komodo - hopper only (MM3-2.0)
6. Hutch - hopper only (MM2)
7. beerDingo - hopper and base (MM3-2.0 - new mill - if possible) CONFIRMED
8. Christmasbender - hopper and base (MM2 - new mill - if possible)
9. Kleiny - hopper and base (for MM2) CONFIRMED
10. HairOfTheDog - hopper and base (MM2 - new mill - if possible)

A lot of American companies don't accept Aussie credit cards oevr the phone/web because they have to validate the mailing adress with the credit card company so that they get there insurance (in case you cancel the transaction after you recieve the goods), but our privacy laws prevent the banks from telling them our address...

New email from the monster:

If I take a credit card, I have to pay the fees. I can only accept credit cards through paypal at this time, and believe it or not, they charge less fees than a standard merchant account. Only issue is that paypal fees are calculated based on the whole amount with shipping. I'll work it all out as soon as I can, and get you a total price. PLEASE be patient more than anything, I'm running around on fire as it is trying to get stuff out before Christmas, plus that are two other dealer orders in front of you that have been paid for that are not shipped out yet. I'm OUT of MM3-2.0 mills, and won't have them again till next week on Thursday. I PROMISE that if you're patient, you will be rewarded. Thanks, ~~fred francis Monster Brewing Hardware

New email from the monster:

If I take a credit card, I have to pay the fees. I can only accept credit cards through paypal at this time, and believe it or not, they charge less fees than a standard merchant account. Only issue is that paypal fees are calculated based on the whole amount with shipping. I'll work it all out as soon as I can, and get you a total price. PLEASE be patient more than anything, I'm running around on fire as it is trying to get stuff out before Christmas, plus that are two other dealer orders in front of you that have been paid for that are not shipped out yet. I'm OUT of MM3-2.0 mills, and won't have them again till next week on Thursday. I PROMISE that if you're patient, you will be rewarded. Thanks, ~~fred francis Monster Brewing Hardware

That all sounds fair to me LRB

A good retailer keeping everybody informed of exactly what is happening, which creates understanding. I dont think we where in a huge hurry and 1-2 week delay certainly doesn't worry me

Kleiny

It seems that even if I tried to get it directly (ie., MM3-2.0), I'd still have to wait. So, all sounds good to me. Cheers for keeping us updated.

So far so good!

I'm glad everyone is with us still. To make things a bit easier, I have made an estimate of total cost for each of you:

1. LRB - hopper and base + Crank Handle (MM2) CONFIRMED $70
2. Supra-Jim - hopper and base (MM2) CONFIRMED $50
3. CM2 - hopper and Base (MM2) CONFIRMED $50
4. Leigh - hopper and base (MM2) CONFIRMED $50
5. Komodo - hopper only (MM3-2.0) $40
6. Hutch - hopper only (MM2) $40
7. beerDingo - hopper and base + MILL (MM3-2.0) CONFIRMED $330
8. Christmasbender - hopper and base + MILL (MM2) $180
9. Kleiny - hopper and base (for MM2) CONFIRMED $50
10. HairOfTheDog - hopper and base + MILL (MM2) $180

The figures are in AUD and I have assumed that the shipping of the hoppers would be about $100 (or $10 each) - it may be more, will get back on that one. The extra shipping costs for the mills (as given in previous post) have been added to the total for beerDingo, Christmasbender and HairOfTheDog. Discounts and transaction fees have also been included. I assumed around 0.9 as exchange rate.

It would be great to hear from Komodo, Hutch, Christmasbender and HairOfTheDog too with a confirmation/withdrawal.

Great work LRB, $50 for an OEM hopper is awesome. Well done.

Cheers SJ

8. Christmasbender - hopper and base + MILL (MM2) $180
10. HairOfTheDog - hopper and base + MILL (MM2) $180 CONFIRMED

8. Christmasbender - hopper and base + MILL (MM2) CONFIRMED $180
10. HairOfTheDog - hopper and base + MILL (MM2) CONFIRMED $180

5. Komodo - hopper only (MM3-2.0) CONFIRMED $40 & can I be a PITA and add a crank handle (yeah i have a motor setup but I'm interested in trying it with a hand crank)

5. Komodo - hopper only (MM3-2.0) CONFIRMED $40 & can I be a PITA and add a crank handle (yeah i have a motor setup but I'm interested in trying it with a hand crank)

No worries Komodo, I'll let the guys know - can't imagine that it will be a problem. I'm with you on that one though; the crank handle seems pretty groovy!

5. Komodo - hopper only + Crank Handle (MM3-2.0) CONFIRMED $60

And FYI: When there's a power-outage and you want to brew; the answer is NO! - you cannot borrow my crank handle!

5. Komodo - hopper only + Crank Handle (MM3-2.0) CONFIRMED $60
8. Christmasbender - CONFIRMED out!

The assumed total cost stays the same. Keep in mind that the calculation is based on $10 each for shipping of the hoppers. However, that is only my assumption, the final quote on that is still pending. Worst case the final price would be $10 more than this estimate, but probably unlikely.

Looking forward to the next email from the Monster; will notify promptly.

Any updates on this?

Nope...

I haven't heard anything. I'm expecting to hear from him before the end if this week though. Last time he said he was out of the MM3-2.0 mills but that they would come back in stock this Thursday. I will send him a 'reminder' if I still haven't heard anything by Friday.

Stay tuned!

Cheers,

LRB

Made my hopper base yesterday, ive got enough left over MDF to probabaly make a box hopper of sorts too! Will take photos of my shonky work at a later stage! :p

Hi guys,

Still no news from the Monster. Just reminding you that he did say he was really busy and asked us to please be patient.

I sent him another email now, asking for a little update on the situation. As soon as I hear from him, I will promptly post it here. Hopefully he will get back to us really soon. I want my bloody hopper!

Cheers,

Torgeir

Thanks for the update, Torgeir. I was looking at my mill the other night and i want my hopper too!!!

Cheers SJ

Back