Melbourne Monster Mill Mm-2 Accsseory Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRB

Reaction score
Hi!

I just went in on the Monster Mill bulk buy and now I'm sitting here with my mill and wonder how much money I have to spend on tools to build a stand and a hopper. I had a look at www.monsterbrewinghardware.com and you can buy everything you need from there reasonably cheap. A base plate cost $10, a hopper cost $25 and a crank and handle (to avoid buying and/or using a drill) cost $22. I also firmly believe that the mill will last longer when mounted on custom-made parts.

The only problem is that shipping cost $57... However, I can buy 10 crank & handle sets and 10 base & hopper sets for the same shipping cost.

Consequently, I'm interested in setting up a new bulk buy for this. If 5 of you are interested in either one of these items then we wouldn't have to pay more that $11.40 each for shipping.

Anyone interested?

LRB

(footnote: all figures are in USD)

Within 2 min, I have one person interested.

The list so far:

LRB
Supra-Jim

1. LRB
2. Supra-Jim
3. CM2 - tentitive
4. Leigh - possible

edit: although i wouldnt need a crank and handle. i just bought a high torque drill.
2nd edit: im adding Leigh's name just in case. He was looking at doing something like this. If he's not interested he can take his name off. hope thats ok

Looking good!

Only with the 4 of us the shipping cost would be just about AUD 16 each.

Id be interested in the hopper but i've an MM3-2.0 ...
Also a clearer pic of the way it mates to the mill would be helpful

Great idea LRB. Thanks for thinking of me CM2.

base - do we have further details? If it's just a bit of wood I'll do that myself
crank handle - no, will use a drill

1. LRB
2. Supra-Jim
3. CM2 - tentitive
4. Leigh - hopper only

I'm the same as Komodo - I'd be interested in the hopper on it's own, but for a MM-2.
I presume it's one hopper fits all?

1. LRB
2. Supra-Jim
3. CM2 - tentitive
4. Leigh - hopper only
5. Komodo - hopper only
6. Hutch - hopper only

MM's website says that the hopper will fit any of their mills.

[edit]While it does say the above, on the order part of the website it says:

The main six hopper parts are the same for any of our mills, while the sides that hold the hopper are different for each mill, and double as covers to keep the grist below the base.

So I think the orders will need to specify the exact mill.

1. LRB
2. Supra-Jim
3. CM2 - tentitive
4. Leigh - hopper only
5. Komodo - hopper only
6. Hutch - hopper only
7. beerDingo (only if it will fit an MM3-2.0)

Shouldn't be a problem to buy any piece of accessory as far as I can tell (or even another mill for that matter).

I will look further into it. Glad to see the interest.

is the 'case' around the mill part of the hopper?

edit: fourstar might be interested given he's a self-professed tooltard

1. LRB
2. Supra-Jim
3. CM2 - tentitive
4. Leigh - hopper only (MM2)
5. Komodo - hopper only (MM3-2.0)
6. Hutch - hopper only (MM2)

Have added details of the mills to those who have said what they have in light of my edits to my above post.

1. LRB
2. Supra-Jim
3. CM2 - hopper and Base? (MM2)

From what I understand from reading here: http://www.monsterbrewinghardware.com/basehopper.html the case is part of the hopper and not the base.

Shouldn't be a problem ordering accessory for any of the mills, as long as you tell me what you want. Please make sure to be specific since I don't want to be held responsible if some parts doesn't fit! :blink:

...and for the MM3-2.0 owners:

If you are ordering a hopper for an existing MM3-2.0, please note that the older models have taller frames (5") than the current frames (4.5"). I had a very small number of hopper sides made for the older tall frame MM3-2.0 mills. Please let me know which frame size you need when ordering a hopper for an existing MM3-2.0 mill.

I am yet to actually get my mill. Gonna do it ASAP. So I would be ordering one for a new mill (not existing). But this seems to be the cheapest way to get the hopper (cheaper delivery).

1. LRB
2. Supra-Jim
7. beerDingo (MM3-2.0 - new mill)

Thanks Leigh,

the MM3-2.0 does appear in the scroll-down menu for hoppers so I will take that as anecdotal evidence that they still have some of them left.

I am yet to actually get my mill. Gonna do it ASAP. So I would be ordering one for a new mill (not existing). But this seems to be the cheapest way to get the hopper (cheaper delivery).

1. LRB
2. Supra-Jim
7. beerDingo (MM3-2.0 - new mill)

This is what I have so far:

1. LRB - hopper and base + Crank Handle (MM2)
2. Supra-Jim - ???
7. beerDingo - hopper and base? (MM3-2.0 - new mill (separate buy??))

Feel free to fill in the question marks! :beer:

2. Supra-Jim - ???
7. beerDingo - hopper and base (MM3-2.0 - new mill (separate buy??hmm, if I can save money on delivery, and it happens SOON, i will get it through here, IF NOT I order in the next week.))

So far:

2. Supra-Jim - hopper and base (MM2?)
7. beerDingo - hopper and base (MM3-2.0 - new mill - if possible)
8. Christmasbender - hopper and base (MM2 - new mill - if possible)

I've just sent an email to the monsters as follows:

Dear Monster Brewers,

Not long ago a bulk buy was organised for some passionate home brewers in Melbourne, Australia - you may remember this order. We basically got a whole heap of MM2 mills. I have now come to realise that we should have ordered the base and hoppers as well. In that regard, I'm now organising another bulk buy. So far we have an estimated order as follows:

1x Crank handle
4x hopper and base (MM2)
2x hopper only (MM2)
1x hopper only (MM3-2.0)
1x hopper and base (MM3-2.0)

1x MM2 Mill
1x MM3-2.0 Mill

What I'm looking for at this stage is an estimate of the shipping cost. Also, would shipping be cheaper if we order two MM2 mills instead of the MM3-2.0? We may also only order the accessories if the shipping cost is going to increase significantly by ordering the mills. Could you please provide us with some quotes on this?

kind Regards,

Torgeir Watne

(the reason I asked about the two MM2 mills is that the website say the shipping for the larger mills is $108 instead of $57... http://www.monsterbrewinghardware.com/orderinfo.html Will post the reply I'm getting on here as soon as I get it)

Back