Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just loaded B7, running a 20x4 lcd. Selected the correct board and correct lcd and it displays like a 16x2..

Tried to flash the Italian 20x4.

I get the same result, looks like end 16x2 and rolling text for the menu options

From page 1 of manual

From a HW perspective the code should be adapted in order to support the correct LCD display 16x2 or 20x4. This option is configurable inside the sketch. In order to enable one or the other display the user should modify the sketch through the Arduino IDE searching for (Ctrl+f) LCD* as the search string and then apply the modifications below in both sections:
// SETTING LCD*****
// Select your LCD
// LANGUAGE ITA
#include "LCD16x2_ITA.h"
//#include "LCD20x4_ITA.h"
// LANGUAGE ENG
//#include "LCD16x2_ENG.h"
//#include "LCD20x4_ENG.h"
…...
// SETTING LCD*****
lcd.begin(16,2);
// lcd.begin(20,4);

User should remove // before the #include and lcd.begin statement for the correct size LCD and add // before the incorrect size LCD.
Moreover it’s possible to select Italian or English language in the same way modifying the first LCD section

My apologies. Thanks very much.

The speed at which you keep on top of the code is amazing.

Did you change this line?

Screenshot_2014-05-31-10-24-49.png

In a few days I will start to be increasingly absent because of my job.
In a month I'll be a ghost.
Then come back in September.
We try to make everything work for good in the short time in which I can still dedicate myself to the code

Hi,

I'm running 2_6_63b6 and can reproduce the pump rest glitch/error, it seems like it has to do with a pumpe cylce beeing longer than 10 min.

Example: if I set pumpe cycle to 12 min, I can't set pump rest to less than 10 min. If I set pump cycle to 9 min, pump rest can be set from 1 - 5 min.

I havn't tried 2_6_63b7 yet, so I can't test it there.

Thanks for your work on developing ArdBir!

Thanks Max, pump rest time is now showing correct 0 to 5 minute scale. Cheers.

Is there some one willing to load the new codes to my two Arduino's?

I will send with pre paid post pack to return.

I have come to the end of trying to get the circuit to connect to my bloody laptop. (Dell)

I plugged it into the computer and the green light lights up and a yellow light flashes randomly.

The part about the ports will read Arduino file thing is a no go.

I DO NOT KNOW

got mine today now need try someone to solder it up for me, my last attempt at soldering was a little atrocious :)

Cavemanbrew said:
Is there some one willing to load the new codes to my two Arduino's?

I will send with pre paid post pack to return.

I have come to the end of trying to get the circuit to connect to my bloody laptop. (Dell)

I plugged it into the computer and the green light lights up and a yellow light flashes randomly.

The part about the ports will read Arduino file thing is a no go.

I DO NOT KNOW
What OS are you using? Pretty easy to load. (Not helpful I know, but true) plug in USB, open up arduino and then select port, might need to select the arduino veraion you need as well. hit upload.

Windows 7, (work laptop)
The Arduino sight, program
Plugged in the new Arduino this avo waited and waited ....................

Nothing, checked the port and ?

i can swap you a made tested and working one for your kit mxd.But I swapped the screen out for the 20x4. Teaching my daughter to solder. She is awesome at it btw. Got the knack for it. Also caveman if you are really stuck you are welcome to send it my way and I will load it for you. I know what is like when you get to a point and just want it to be done. Regards dave.

Cavemanbrew, djar007 may also be able to sort the screen scramble you were having, he has done a few now, and may be able to pick out the fault.

djar007, sorry to throw more work your way just thought if he's sending one thing to be fixed he may as well get it all done and dusted. I'm still to run mine under load so as yet to be tested so to say.

MB

Latest posts

Back