Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zwitter said:
Hi Pirate323i
What PCB have you selected in the sketch?
There are several choices and some have different uses for the pins. So if it is not for the correct one the temp probe may not be connected to the temp pins the program is expecting?
The instructions for ArdBir do explain this setup on first page. But it does require some level of understanding to load libraries and make changes.
Maybe i can talk you through it one evening. Does the original code compile? Load? and work?
James
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Hey Zwitter,
I have selected the "Brauduino original board" it is one from Lael. And I have loaded the libraries specified. I did notice that the "PID" library is not orange text like the other included libraries, although it does compile ok...
And in the "example code" from the OneWire library I selected pin 11 (which is what is called in the ArdBir code for this board) and it worked well.
Thanks for the offer of help. The original code will compile however because (I think) I am using the larger screen, it just flashes up the start screen with Brauduino and the temp, in my case it also showed 0.0*C then the screen goes blank...

Ok, I am one step closer...
With the help of an Arduino guru at work, I now have the temp reading correctly... We rewrote the code in the "void temperature" section. However I still can't progress past the screen saying "--- man auto setup" it appears to be stuck/frozen the temp displays however it does not change and none of the buttons work. :(
What version of the ArdBir code are people using?
Has anyone else had issues with it?
Please help!

Max, maybe you'll create kind of a roadmap? For collecting wishes and applying if you have time and wish. Surely most of them will need more memory and Arduino Mega.

From my side I may suggest to connect an SD-card adapter with support of information MP3-files. Imagine a pleasant lady voice "Your bear is ready", space voice "Please add malt. Please add malt. Please add malt" or Armstrong's "Houston, we've got a problem". This will also need a good speaker, yes.

The idea SD I had already thought to do other things but honestly the most useful
Staying with Arduino UNO instead I've made ​​some additions but should be tested.

JackOfShadows said:
Max, maybe you'll create kind of a roadmap? For collecting wishes and applying if you have time and wish. Surely most of them will need more memory and Arduino Mega.

From my side I may suggest to connect an SD-card adapter with support of information MP3-files. Imagine a pleasant lady voice "Your bear is ready", space voice "Please add malt. Please add malt. Please add malt" or Armstrong's "Houston, we've got a problem". This will also need a good speaker, yes.
That must be an almighty big brew rig to make a bear

Neo__04 said:
That must be an almighty big brew rig to make a bear
Don't judge, he's probably a member of our other sister site AHN (Australian Hunting Net). Myself I would have thought bear (koala the only available locally) a bit tough and strong in taste. Each to their own just remember to give the rig a good clean out before brewing again. :ph34r:

Ed: I see where your coming from Matho's original clone would probably only get half a koala in there, but I bet Lael could get 6 or 7 in

I have been trying to get the ardbir sketch to compile but I am having trouble. I was able to get past most the errors by moving the .h files to the Program Files (x86)\arduino\libraries directory, creating a directory for each .h file and placing the file in the directory, I am left with the following error and I am stumped. Any thoughts.

In file included from ArdBir.ino:108:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LCD16x2_ENG/LCD16x2_ENG.h: In function 'void RecipeMenu()':
LCD16x2_ENG.h:351: error: too few arguments to function 'void Menu_3_4_2(byte)'
Recipe.h:201: error: at this point in file

Thanks

easydoesit said:
I have been trying to get the ardbir sketch to compile but I am having trouble. I was able to get past most the errors by moving the .h files to the Program Files (x86)\arduino\libraries directory, creating a directory for each .h file and placing the file in the directory, I am left with the following error and I am stumped. Any thoughts.
In file included from ArdBir.ino:108:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LCD16x2_ENG/LCD16x2_ENG.h: In function 'void RecipeMenu()':
LCD16x2_ENG.h:351: error: too few arguments to function 'void Menu_3_4_2(byte)'
Recipe.h:201: error: at this point in file

Thanks
Are you using the GitHub version? I had problems getting that to compile also... Try using the version in the Dropbox you just need to have all the *.h files in the same folder as the .ino file. That way they open as tabs in the sketch window. I finally got mine to work yesterday!

I'm a happy man!
Mainly because my controller seems to now work, but also because I understand a lot more about Arduino and it's coding!!!
It turns out that MY Arduino UNO does not cooperate - the pull up resistors for each of the buttons did not appear to pull the analougue pins (A0, A1, A2 & A3) up enough...

My Arduino guru at work gave me an "EtherTen" which allegedly is an UNO and Ethernet shield in one...
However the temp would not read on pin 11... It worked on other pins... So, I wired my temp sensor to Analogue pin A5 (unused) and all good!

I have also rewritten the code for temperature, as I still could not get it to read... But that may be due to my sensor(?)...

Why did you change the code?
Beware that there are so many variable that influence the system on several occasions corertto operation of the entire firmware

compiling the dropbox version did the trick. I was able to successfully compile ArdBir!
Thanks

Have you setting the correct PCB & LCD system/language?
Have you setting the parameters in eeprom?

hese are the most common mistakes with a failure to read the manual

I'm currently testing version 2.6.70 with some additions but first I would like to release it was well tested, because until the end of September I will not have time to do any correction

Hi Max,
I need your help! In my city in Brazil the ebullition temperature is 97,5°C and at the control I only can choose 97 or 98ºC without decimals. How can I change the firmware to accept decimals at ebullition temperature setup?

Cheers,

Claudio

That sort of accuracy for the boil is not really required, you should be able to use 98 and boil off % land with acceptable limits. 0.5 C shouldn't result in a boil over.

MB

Back