Mash Master Mill Master Mini mill Bulk Buy.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Mill Master won’t change your life, but it could well improve your lauter speed. There will be some good second hand ones going. Have you seen the EOI thread Curly79? I reckon it’ll blow up soon. Hopefully!

Mill arrived today! Looks to be a solid piece of kit. Will be spinning it up this weekend.

Thanks MJ and Anthony!

Just a note for anyone that hasn't put the hopper together yet. Read the instructions on the mashmaster website.
http://static.shop033.com/resources/11/2321/Other/Mill Hopper Assembly Instructions.pdf
The flat plates have a little notch at the bottom that need to line up with each other.
How do I know this? because I am an idiot who didn't read it and then had to take half of it apart again to put them around the right way.
And I am the idiot who read the instructions and STILL got it wrong.

Wait there are destructions? and notches?

At this point I'm too afraid of having to pull down and rebuild to even pass my curser over the damn link.
It looks like it'd work though:cool:.
I've done some basic measuring and checking to mount the mill and ozito spade drill to a base board on a stand I'll have more info to share tomorrow maybe even a pic if I can get it done. And don't think my work is template worthy.

I've done some basic measuring and checking to mount the mill and ozito spade drill to a base board on a stand I'll have more info to share tomorrow maybe even a pic if I can get it done. And don't think my work is template worthy.
Awesome, look forward to seeing your handywork, no judgments here, any inspiration would be helpful! :) I was in the LHBS shop on the weekend and the mill setup they were using made me feel very good about this purchase!

Thanks for organising this MJ / Ant.

Appreciate the instructions posted by Randai. Follow it in sequence is the key.
Note: If you use a socket wrench, it will mark a ring around the bolt (see pic). To minimise this, only tighten towards the end on the socket wrench side.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 10.28.27 am.png

It is a beautifully made piece of gear I must say. :)

20171113_075903.jpg

Thanks for organising this MJ / Ant.

Appreciate the instructions posted by Randai. Follow it in sequence is the key.
Note: If you use a socket wrench, it will mark a ring around the bolt (see pic). To minimise this, only tighten towards the end on the socket wrench side.

View attachment 109748

It is a beautifully made piece of gear I must say. :)

View attachment 109749

My thing of beauty just arrived. Thanks MJ and Anthony. Thanks Randai for destructions. About to put my IKEA cap on right now.

1. In the mill box I found a little steel square-section pin about an inch long. Is this of significance?

2. I take it that when attaching mill to a board or bench or whatever, you need to supply your own bolts and go in from underneath to the threaded holes in the bottom of the mill body (the holes that mirror the ones in the top, the black ones in EalingDrop's photo). Anyone know what size and thread, the black ones?

3. Is there a set of destructions about how to set gaps, what the functions of the various nuts and bolts on the body of the mill are?

Last edited:
My thing of beauty just arrived. Thanks MJ and Anthony. Thanks Randai for destructions. About to put my IKEA cap on right now.

1. In the mill box I found a little steel square-section pin about an inch long. Is this of significance

That piece is the keyway if you're going to use a pulley. It fits in the groove on the round shaft.

The 3 sided side of the drive shaft is the side you use for attaching a drill with a chuck.

Cheers FS, I'll be using drill. I'll put the keyway into my box of bits in case I decide to use a donkey or horse mill setup after the fall of civilisation. That triangular shape for the drill is a stroke of genius.

A Mill Master won’t change your life, but it could well improve your lauter speed. There will be some good second hand ones going. Have you seen the EOI thread Curly79? I reckon it’ll blow up soon. Hopefully!

After struggling to get the wort out of my IPA mash on the weekend, I'm pretty sure this mill has a good chance of changing my life. I think 40% wheat milled with a corona mill is a good recipe for stuck sparges.

2. I take it that when attaching mill to a board or bench or whatever, you need to supply your own bolts and go in from underneath to the threaded holes in the bottom of the mill body (the holes that mirror the ones in the top, the black ones in EalingDrop's photo). Anyone know what size and thread, the black ones?

I believe they're 1/4 inch.

+1 on the OMG THANK YOU bandwagon - MJ + Anthony (+ Mashmaster). This thing is beautiful.

Latest posts

Back