Mangrove Jack Craft Series Yeasts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had another great experience with M07. It ripped through a fairly complex English Barleywine, 1.103 down to 1.024, two points lower than expected. Left it on the yeast for a month, and racked to secondary for bulk aging on some fresh hops tonight. Already tasted quite smooth, obviously needs some age though.

Being such a big beer, it's hard to comment on flavour, but I definitely got slight dried fruitiness and more than enough malt. It's certainly not in your face with yeast flavour, but it's clean, has let the speciality malts through and has no overly harsh alcohols, which is surprising after a month.

I'm happy with it. I've got it ripping though a huge RIS and big old ale at the moment, so we'll see how they go. But so far, I can't complain!

GrantSpatchcock said:
I've had another great experience with M07. It ripped through a fairly complex English Barleywine, 1.103 down to 1.024, two points lower than expected. Left it on the yeast for a month, and racked to secondary for bulk aging on some fresh hops tonight. Already tasted quite smooth, obviously needs some age though.

Being such a big beer, it's hard to comment on flavour, but I definitely got slight dried fruitiness and more than enough malt. It's certainly not in your face with yeast flavour, but it's clean, has let the speciality malts through and has no overly harsh alcohols, which is surprising after a month.

I'm happy with it. I've got it ripping though a huge RIS and big old ale at the moment, so we'll see how they go. But so far, I can't complain!
umm love the big beers and if it works that well then I will give it a big go on a biggo.
How much yeast to wort ?
Nev

Hmm might have to consider this yeast for a biggo beer in the works if it goes that well.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
umm love the big beers and if it works that well then I will give it a big go on a biggo.
How much yeast to wort ?
Nev
I used half a pack to 5L of wort (I only brew in 5L glass carboys so I can brew en masse).

I'm looking forward to racking the RIS next week, it's 1.113 so I can't wait to see what it's down to!

Brewed an IPA with M07. OG 1.074 (mashed at 65ºC), added 2 packs dry, FG 1.010 five days later. I thought my hydrometer was acting up, checked it and calibrated, nope all good FG was on the money, ~86% attenuation. :huh:

Not carbonated yet so I can't comment on taste, but there's enough hops in it to kill a buffalo so I doubt I could taste much yeast character anyway.

Has anyone here pushed M27 belgian ale to high temps?

I just pitched it onto a low OG (1032) saison at brisbane ambient to see what happens. Got a heat wave on the way this weekend and won't be home to open the house up - so it'll be cooking in the 30's hehe.

Will report back with results.

I intend to do exactly that over summer so I'll be paying keen attention Herr Snorkel!

I fermented with Belgian Ale at ~26 degrees and got a lot of banana, which was a bit dissapointing to me.

Liam_snorkel said:

I just pitched it onto a low OG (1032) saison at brisbane ambient to see what happens. Got a heat wave on the way this weekend and won't be home to open the house up - so it'll be cooking in the 30's hehe.

M27 is going to attenuate quite high at those temps. I would imagine with a low OG is going to end up pretty thin but I look forward to hearing how it turns out for you.

Yep that's what I was going for - something really dry but flavoursome. I hope the esters play well with ahtanum! (Beer is 100% ahtanum cube hopped). If it turns out shit I won't be too upset.

Liam_snorkel said:

i think it's a saison yeast mate. my belgian ale yeast RIPPED through a 1.042 belgian wit and got it to about 1.002 (mashed at 66). i don't mind it, it actually improved a bit with age. i think it'll be fine at those temps. mine was at about 25C. just tastes classic belgian to me.

excellent. I mashed for full body to give it something to chew on, but still hoping it will dry right out (reading this thread suggests it will)

I just pitched M44 with an expiry date of sep 2014 on an amber ale, 1.050. Hope she'll be ok!

First time I've used dry yeast in years.

Back