New mangrove jack craft series kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Reaction score
So has anyone tried the new mangrove jack craft series kits

Pink grapefruit IPA
Red Irish ale
Elder flower and lime cider?

Dunno if you Aussie boys have them yet but available in NZ

I have the IPA one but yet to put it down, doing it this weekend

Have seen them online - keen to hear what you think! Irish red ale sounds good.

I just ordered the pink IPA myself to put on this weekend. A fan of Elvis juice so shops be interesting.

Keen to hear how yours goes. It sure if I should up the dry hop level over what they give you

So has anyone tried the new mangrove jack craft series kits

Pink grapefruit IPA
Red Irish ale
Elder flower and lime cider?

Dunno if you Aussie boys have them yet but available in NZ

I have the IPA one but yet to put it down, doing it this weekend
I just ordered the pink IPA myself to put on this weekend. A fan of Elvis juice so shops be interesting.

Keen to hear how yours goes. It sure if I should up the dry hop level over what they give you

Boys, how did these turn out? I'm interested to hear about both the Irish Red and the Grapefruit IPA

Boys, how did these turn out? I'm interested to hear about both the Irish Red and the Grapefruit IPA
The grapefruit IPA came out really good. I only used the dry hops they give you and it had a good hoppiness. It was actually fairly close to the brew dog beer.

I'd make it again for sure.

The grapefruit IPA came out really good. I only used the dry hops they give you and it had a good hoppiness. It was actually fairly close to the brew dog beer.

I'd make it again for sure.
Struth really? I'm strapped for time today and I'm thinking of putting this one down. What was the process? Tip extract in fermenter, fill with water and ferment?

Struth really? I'm strapped for time today and I'm thinking of putting this one down. What was the process? Tip extract in fermenter, fill with water and ferment?
Yeah. And dry hop when ready.

I also cold crashed for 4 or 5 days

My LHBS said to add a kilo of LDM as well, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet, you think that would add to the Grapefruit IPA or make it too malty?

My LHBS said to add a kilo of LDM as well, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet, you think that would add to the Grapefruit IPA or make it too malty?

whoops forgot that

yeah I added 1kg LDM as well instead of the sugar or their enhancer in the instructions

whoops forgot that

yeah I added 1kg LDM as well instead of the sugar or their enhancer in the instructions

Shit mate. WHAT THE HELL! Haha all good. Alright 1kg of LDM. I'll brew it this weekend

How do you guys think the Mangrove Jacks craft kits stack up in general? Like against Coopers? Any picks for best kits? I'm keen to give them a go. I've just got back into brewing and have been mostly brewing Coopers kits n bits.

How do you guys think the Mangrove Jacks craft kits stack up in general? Like against Coopers? Any picks for best kits? I'm keen to give them a go. I've just got back into brewing and have been mostly brewing Coopers kits n bits.

Give one a go and report back?

that's the problem, I can experiment much faster than I can drink "seeingstars: need another fridge and a cellar for all the bottles

That's rude hey. I have a mate I sometimes send home with a crate full of tallies, but that's on MY terms :p the last pissup we had, someone got into the amber ale I'd just bottled that day... I didn't get around to labelling it. Rude! But surprisingly it got good reviews so that's something.

I've done the pink grapefruit IPA , aussie pale ale and the Helles. the APA and Helles were presents

the pink IPA was the best one by far . Other 2 were drinkable but nothing special . no better or worse than a standard coopers tin with a kg of LDM an some dry hops

That's good to know. They tend to charge a bit more and have classier looking marketing, but I didn't want to let that trick me into thinking they'd necessarily be better than Coopers. Although MJ's have better yeast and sometimes include hops so that's something.

Have done the elderflower & lime cider for the missus & she loves it. She's also a fan of the raspberry & lime cider variety.

Latest posts

Back