Malcolm Roberts... oh my goodness gracious!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jens-Kristian

Reaction score
Having followed the news on One Nation's Malcolm Roberts over the past 24 hours, I have to ask: What the Hell is going on?

This is a guy who believes grammar is a government tool to enslave the population. I don't know what that makes me, as I'm an editor. Perhaps I'm a concentration camp guard or something? The warden of the lunatic asylum from which he's escaped?

His other schtick, is the one about the 'Global Jewish Conspiracy' having invented climate change and are fully controlling the UN to take away Australia's sovereign rights as a nation.

I believe in democracy to the extent that while I understand it has its very real flaws, it is far superior to any alternative I care to contemplate. As a believer in democracy, I also believe that even One Nation (with which I fundamentally DISagree on nearly everything) needs to be heard, because they received their votes and therefore represent a part of society. As a party however, ON are testing that right when they choose to take on board someone as fundamentally screwed up in the head as Malcolm Roberts. Seriously, this man doesn't just have a screw loose; the parts the screws are supposed to hold together seem to be entirely missing as well.

Perhaps we should have some more stringent tests on what is considered mental suitability to being elected. This man is bonkers.

Edit: In the first version, I had managed to claim that I fundamentally agree with One Nation. Some editor I am.

You fundamentally agree with nearly everything from One Nation?
I hope to christ that's a typo.

I just realised that I somehow managed to write:

Jens-Kristian said:
One Nation (with which I fundamentally agree on nearly everything)

That should have been DISagree.

Jeez.

pcmfisher said:

You have no idea how sick to the stomach it made me feel.

pcmfisher said:

You have no idea how sick to the stomach it made me feel.

I may have to start exercising a slightly more professional approach to posting. :chug:

Jens-Kristian said:
Edit: In the first version, I had managed to claim that I fundamentally agree with One Nation. Some editor I am.
Spelink

Plenty of bonkers people vote. As well as the unwitting, fear mongered, haters, deniers. The list goes on.

This is from a letter he sent to Julia Gillard, or as he feels it should be written in order to escape the yoke of grammar slavery imposed on him, 'The Woman, Julia-Eileen: Gillard.'

I, Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul has not seen or been presented with any material facts or evidence that the Commonwealth of Australia CIK# 000805157 is not a corporation registered on the United States of America securities-exchange, is not a society and is not a trustee in the public trust, and believe that none exist.

You have to wonder what it says about someone, that they can think that way about their country and still both seek and achieve election to the Senate.

Note my signature.

edit: apart from that, Turdball called the DD to get rid of the looney tunes who were infesting the cross benches so he could pass the anti union legislation at the behest of Murdoch and the 1%. To ensure this the electoral rules were changed so that parties such as the stop the crutching of pink poodles party or the bring back the genuine lamington party would no longer get elected.

Turncoat already knew that he had been handed a poisoned chalice, but at least a win against the unions could have ensured he kept his nose in the trough for at least another term.
Well that was a smart move wasn't it Cayman Mal.

hahaha

Back to the polls before December.

Tell me you cant judge a book by the cover.

malcolm-web.jpg

Jens-Kristian said:
This is from a letter he sent to Julia Gillard, or as he feels it should be written in order to escape the yoke of grammar slavery imposed on him, 'The Woman, Julia-Eileen: Gillard.'

I, Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul has not seen or been presented with any material facts or evidence that the Commonwealth of Australia CIK# 000805157 is not a corporation registered on the United States of America securities-exchange, is not a society and is not a trustee in the public trust, and believe that none exist.

You have to wonder what it says about someone, that they can think that way about their country and still both seek and achieve election to the Senate.
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Australia-listed-with-the-US-Securities-and-Exchange-commission

Why is Australia listed with the US Securities and Exchange commission?

Someone I work with claims that because the Commonwealth of Australia is listed with the SEC - that means it is privately owned by shareholders. I consider his conclusion completely absurd - but not knowing terribly much about the SEC, I am at a loss as to why a sovereign country like Australia is listed with the SEC? I have confirmed they are listed - CIK#: 0000805157.

3 Answers

David Tadman

The answer is quite simple. When the government guaranteed our citizens money held in banks they had to register with the SEC to make this enforceable in US all the documents are readily accessible in the US if anyone took the trouble to read them including the "AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT GUARANTEE SCHEME FOR LARGE
DEPOSITS AND WHOLESALE FUNDING RULES" you can check it out for free just by clicking on the document filings at CIK#0000805157. The scheme went from November 2008 to March 2010.

You can see the original letter from the solicitors in NSW and the agreement of the Secretary of the Treasury. There is a document that explicity prohibits the use of the name Commonwealth of Australia for other purposes. SORRY TO BURST THE PARANOID BUBBLE! If anyone was really concerned they could look up the shareholders names but that would ruin a good story. The fact is that this company was incorporated to protect Australian Citizens in US. It cannot as claimed buy some enslave us to the us.

You could register a company with your name in the US but you would not be allowed to claim you are a US citizen because of this!!

Written 12 Jun 2013 · View Upvotes

The thing with conspiracy ideation is that it rapidly becomes self referential and self re-enforcing. Any evidence that the conspiracy is in fact bollocks is rejected as being part of the conspiracy. Once you are into a conspiracy thinking mode it becomes very hard to get out and very easy to go deeper. It's actually a very small step for a conspiracy thinker to go from "global warming is a bit sus" to "the royal family are shapeshifting lizard aliens farming humans for food" and "there are secret Nazi bases under Antarctica where the Reich keeps the crop reserved body of Hitler ready to emerge again and global warming is a Jewish plot to expose the base".

That's why so many conspiracy nuts are into more than one conspiracy. As they "dig deeper" (follow the money trail as our dear Mr Roberts puts it) they uncover more and more conspiracies that all become part of one giant global conspiracy and it just snowballs from there.

In many ways conspiracy thinking is very similar to OCD. Persistent thoughts drive behaviour which reinforce the thoughts which drive more behaviour and so on.

I used to work with a guy who wore an actual tinfoil hat. To work. I bet he was one of the 77.

Airgead said:
The thing with conspiracy ideation is that it rapidly becomes self referential and self re-enforcing. Any evidence that the conspiracy is in fact bollocks is rejected as being part of the conspiracy. Once you are into a conspiracy thinking mode it becomes very hard to get out and very easy to go deeper. It's actually a very small step for a conspiracy thinker to go from "global warming is a bit sus" to "the royal family are shapeshifting lizard aliens farming humans for food" and "there are secret Nazi bases under Antarctica where the Reich keeps the crop reserved body of Hitler ready to emerge again and global warming is a Jewish plot to expose the base".

That's why so many conspiracy nuts are into more than one conspiracy. As they "dig deeper" (follow the money trail as our dear Mr Roberts puts it) they uncover more and more conspiracies that all become part of one giant global conspiracy and it just snowballs from there.

In many ways conspiracy thinking is very similar to OCD. Persistent thoughts drive behaviour which reinforce the thoughts which drive more behaviour and so on.

I used to work with a guy who wore an actual tinfoil hat. To work. I bet he was one of the 77.
Or more simply, confirmation bias.

The conspiracy theorists nutters are at the pointy end of the spectrum but the same attribute belongs to religious people (and ironically, the anti-islam, anti-halal crowd), anti-vaxxers, anti-GMO, naturopaths, homeopaths and all alt-med peddlers. Evidence is too hard so belief takes over and becomes like a cancer in the mind that resists treatment. No amount of evidence can be presented to convince someone they are wrong and in doing so, you are branded a shill.

Latest posts

Back