Mad Brewers (James Squire) Ten20 Commemorative Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking for this beer everywhere! Most of the bottleshops don't even know what I am talking about. I've tried big and small bottlos. I have even emailed malt shovel but still couldn't find it in the bottleshops.

I might go for a hunt tomorrow arvo.....

I feel Camperdown Cellars may well be the answer...

Stopped in there this arvo (the main one on Parramatta Rd at Camperdown), and they were expecting the delivery this arvo.
Apparently they have had a few request for it and expect it to go fast.

Also stopped at Annandale Cellars. The guy tried to convince me that it wasn't going to be distributed to bottle shops as there wasn't enough, and that it wasn't released yet anyway. I politely informed it had been released, and was available around the country.
So then he then proceeded to tell me he had been given two bottles to try and it wasn't anything special. Bit my tongue, bought a bottle of Moa and left.

Doc

Stopped in there this arvo (the main one on Parramatta Rd at Camperdown), and they were expecting the delivery this arvo.
Apparently they have had a few request for it and expect it to go fast.

Doc

What time do they open??? :p All of about 4 blocks from my place, better take the car though, cases ain't light...

Is there anywhere on the north shore selling it?

I'm pretty curious to taste this 5 hop combo so I googled and found this site selling cases. http://www.microbeerclub.com.au/
A case is only 9x640mL bottles @ $67.50 plus shipping so I'll probably save those $$'s to fill a few more kegs but if I see a bottle around the traps it will be mine.

For you south western Adelaideans it is available at the Thirsty Camel bottleshop behind the Holdy.
3 for $20 or 1 for $8.

C&B
TDA

3 for $20 or 1 for $8?!? I think I was robbed :lol: Bloody good value beer, for what it is. Surprised they can keep the price down *somewhat* with the 8% alcohol in it. Not complaining though.
T.

We charge $56 ctn - 9 bottles to a carton. Cellarbrations Willagee

Alright, stopped by the Parramatta Rd store of Camperdown cellars, they sold yesterday's allocation in 5 minutes, I had the option to either drive over to the Leichhardt store or put my name on the list at Camperdown for some of 30 cases being delivered this afternoon.....

Leichhardt store was a success, seems the brewery tours are telling people to go to the Parramatta Rd store, and not mentioning Leichhardt.....So those in Sydney who want some, they got 10 yesterday and I bought the 4th one.....Catherine St near Styles.....

$65 for the case.....

squires%20001.JPG

squires%20002.JPG

I have put one in the fridge for tonight, the rest have been hidden in the cellar (read: garage I have taken over)

Tried this at the Platform Bar. Nice beer, you wouldn't know it was 8%. Should only get better with age.

Tried this at the Platform Bar. Nice beer, you wouldn't know it was 8%. Should only get better with age.

Cool WSC you can do recon any old time bud. I'm catching the train home tonight might have to make an extra stop! Nudge Nudge wink wink!

Cool WSC you can do recon any old time bud. I'm catching the train home tonight might have to make an extra stop! Nudge Nudge wink wink!

I'll meet you there tonight if you are keen Chappo - let me know if you can burn a few brownies points for the cause!! :icon_cheers:

I'm more of a lunchtime visitor boys. So maybe have to see you there another time.

Note: bring $21 for the pleasure, so you need two people.

I'm more of a lunchtime visitor boys. So maybe have to see you there another time.

Note: bring $21 for the pleasure, so you need two people.

:icon_offtopic: Wooosy WSC! :icon_drunk:
Just kidding mate but if you could do the recon I would be a happy man! Maybe start a what's on the taps at the platform thread?

Alright, stopped by the Parramatta Rd store of Camperdown cellars, they sold yesterday's allocation in 5 minutes, I had the option to either drive over to the Leichhardt store or put my name on the list at Camperdown for some of 30 cases being delivered this afternoon.....

Leichhardt store was a success, seems the brewery tours are telling people to go to the Parramatta Rd store, and not mentioning Leichhardt.....So those in Sydney who want some, they got 10 yesterday and I bought the 4th one.....Catherine St near Styles.....

$65 for the case.....

squires%20001.JPG

squires%20002.JPG

I have put one in the fridge for tonight, the rest have been hidden in the cellar (read: garage I have taken over)

nice one Pollux, thanks for the heads up. Got my name on one and picking up tonight! only a few left people :)

Back