Mad Brewers (James Squire) Ten20 Commemorative Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been able to find this anywhere in Canberra.

I've phoned most of the bottle shops, and was typically met with stony silence, followed by "what the?".

The girl at the Jerrabomberra bottle shop hadn't even heard of James Squires, and tried to sell me James Boags instead.

Anyone seen this on the Gold Coast?

Kev

I haven't been able to find this anywhere in Canberra.

I've phoned most of the bottle shops, and was typically met with stony silence, followed by "what the?".

The girl at the Jerrabomberra bottle shop hadn't even heard of James Squires, and tried to sell me James Boags instead.
Did you try BWS in Belconnen? They usually get the full range of Matilda Bay and JS releases and they're close to my work. If you haven't scoped them out yet, I'll give them a buzz, although I checked all of last week.

Bugger it - I'll give them a call anyway and they might get a wriggle-on.

Actually, it's the "Bottle-O", not BWS. Can't get through to them.

I could have PM'd this, but didn't. Sorry all.

Where could I get this in the Inner West\City in Sydney?

Try one of the Camperdown Cellars stores...

Parramatta Rd in Camperdown
Kingston Rd in Camperdown
Catherine St in Leichhardt.

Did you try BWS in Belconnen? They usually get the full range of Matilda Bay and JS releases and they're close to my work. If you haven't scoped them out yet, I'll give them a buzz, although I checked all of last week.

Bugger it - I'll give them a call anyway and they might get a wriggle-on.

Actually, it's the "Bottle-O", not BWS. Can't get through to them.

I could have PM'd this, but didn't. Sorry all.
It's a week or two away, apparently. Will keep you in the loop.

It's a week or two away, apparently. Will keep you in the loop.

Thanks tourist. Will do the same.

I'm on the list for a case at Georges Liquor Stable. George was pretty sure he'd be seeing some.

For sale at the Glenn Hotel for $7.90 a bottle.
Picked up a case & got charged $48 - Bargin - The receipt said Mad Brewers Rasberry Wit, so guess they made a little mistake ;)
Can't honestly say i'm that impressed, the vegetal aroma/taste of the Galaxy over powers the rest of the beer. Definately one that will benefit from a little age IMO.

Cheers Ross

Picked up a case & got charged $48 - Bargin - The receipt said Mad Brewers Rasberry Wit, so guess they made a little mistake ;)
Can't honestly say i'm that impressed, the vegetal aroma/taste of the Galaxy over powers the rest of the beer. Definately one that will benefit from a little age IMO.

Cheers Ross

:eek: Score!

Cheers Ross

Ya didn't have time to tell them that your receipt was wrong. - Sounds a bit like stealing to me.

I bet you would have complained if you were overcharged !

But then I probably have a funny view about such things. <_<

Ya didn't have time to tell them that your receipt was wrong. - Sounds a bit like stealing to me.

I bet you would have complained if you were overcharged !

But then I probably have a funny view about such things. <_<

As it happens I did point it out to the manager & offered to pay the difference - :p
Got charged a $100 to my credit card for $1000 worth of Ausposts satchels the other day as well - Again i told them & paid the difference.....so guess we have a similar view, hey B)

Cheers Ross who can sleep at night :)

has any one seen this beer anywhere in melbourne. i have tried all my usual haunts but none of them have even heard of it.
im on the road driving my truck all day so anywhere in melbourne would do for me.

thanks bh

As it happens I did point it out to the manager & offered to pay the difference - :p
Got charged a $100 to my credit card for $1000 worth of Ausposts satchels the other day as well - Again i told them & paid the difference.....so guess we have a similar view, hey B)

Looks like we are two-of-a-kind :)

You can get it at the Drinx bottlo next to Platform.

$11 each, not sure what the carton price is.

I bought one AND got it signed by Chuck Hahn himself last night as he was there for a promo. That's going straight to the pool room!!!

to my surprise i really like it! yes the galaxy and superpride are a bit vegetal - reminds me a bit of the beer they had at wignpen put through a whole randall of superpride flowers - like drinking lawn clippings.... but plenty of fantastic aroma from the pacific hallertau and simcoe, and a great balance - not too sticky and crystal-heavy.

So we can assume that the hat in your avatar is your retailer hat, which you never remove. Lucky I'm just a punter and can guiltlessly perpetrate these minor frauds.

I can confirm there are plenty at Camperdown Cellars. Picked up 2 cases today. Got one in the fridge and one sitting under the stairs for a while.

I haven't had a lot of big beers, so don't really have much to compare it to... but I like this one.

You can get it at the Drinx bottlo next to Platform.

$11 each, not sure what the carton price is.

I bought one AND got it signed by Chuck Hahn himself last night as he was there for a promo. That's going straight to the pool room!!!

I just picked up 3 bottles for this price from Drinx (which is actually now called Grand Central Cellar). They're going like hotcakes. The guy said the platform bar had sold out and he only had 6 bottles left from 10 cases. Looking forward to trying one this weekend and aging the other two for a year or two.

Cheers - Snow.

Back