Mad Brewers (James Squire) Ten20 Commemorative Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
Squires release 10/20 Commemorative Ale

The only bummer with this is it being launched 12-1 on tuesday 14th april at the camperdown brewery! gotta earn them $ so can't go
, check out the site looks like a beauty of a beer 7.9% nice and bitter and hoppy

The only bummer with this is it being launched 12-1 on tuesday 14th april at the camperdown brewery! gotta earn them $ so can't go
, check out the site looks like a beauty of a beer 7.9% nice and bitter and hoppy

is this being bottled? Will it be sold at Dan's?

I was wondering when someone would post up on this beer.
Certainly a nice, big mix of hops in this beer!

Anyone know which lucky bottle shops will stock this?

Should be interesting! Can't wait!

mmmm, I'll be walking past on my way home from work.....

The Squires brewery is 3/4 of the way through my 4km walk home...

I might need to pick up the pace to make sure I get there early...

Linky

Would love to pick up a few to try...anyone know where to find in Sydney?

What's the comment about 'brewed against Chuck Hahn's wishes'?

Is it too interesting for him? Is he working on a low-carb version?

Why did I think this had something to do with De Dolle? :unsure:

I had a bottle of this the other night with MHB. Got it at The Bottlo on Beaumont st Hamilton. May I say that I have never been overly impressed by the Mad Brewers releases, but this is a freaking excellent beer. Great colour, fantastic aroma, well balanced flavour, a boatload of hops (you can certainly pick the galaxy) and lovely malt. Possibly the best commercial release I have had this year and at only $9 for a 7.9% beer in a 640mL bottle, quite good value.
Definitely a beer to go searching for, and you would be mad to pass it by, or at least that is my opinion.
All the best
Trent

Im sitting drinking one right now, happy to find in the old lion. Was happy chatting to bar maid when she said i have the beer for you. Must be used to my beer cause wouldnt of picked the 60bu in it.... Then again hop head and have done more....great arvo just sitting with bar staff trying differnt ones havent had time to try...

Same where in adelaide can i get a carton, would dan's have it.

Edit: the wheaty have it just rang them!! but im looking for a slab

Called the James Squire brew pub in the Docklands (Melb) about this one...they'd never heard of it :huh:. He wasn't pleased that a customer had to tell him about it.
Don't bother going there to try one until late next week, when he reckons he'll have them in.

Im finding Jandkot has alot more of a choice then the Dr these days....

Probably go a bottle not a carton... maybe a little full on for me!

Picked up a couple of bottles of this and must agree, best Aussie commercial beer I have had in a long time, the aroma hits you when you pop the top off and it just gets better on the tongue. If you get a bottle, dont drink it cold though, the flavours really come through once it warms up a bit.

I might go for a hunt tomorrow arvo.....

I feel Camperdown Cellars may well be the answer...

Latest posts

Back