Low Pressure Co2 Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser_john

Go Pies
Reaction score
Does anyone use secondary low pressure CO2 regulators on their keg setups? Reading the WIKI on balancing a draught system led me to think that if I could source low pressure regs cheap enough, it would be nice to bring 30psi into the fridge, then a regulator on each line, set for whatever pressure I wanted to dispense at for the beer style.

I found some stuff that might be suitable on mcmaster.com but they will no longer ship to Australia. Has anyone found a source for low pressure regs here at a reasonable price?

Does anyone use secondary low pressure CO2 regulators on their keg setups? Reading the WIKI on balancing a draught system led me to think that if I could source low pressure regs cheap enough, it would be nice to bring 30psi into the fridge, then a regulator on each line, set for whatever pressure I wanted to dispense at for the beer style.

I found some stuff that might be suitable on mcmaster.com but they will no longer ship to Australia. Has anyone found a source for low pressure regs here at a reasonable price?

I ordered 6 of these;
http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm?term...tLogFrom=Search

sciplus will only ship to the US, but www.shipbuktu.com do a freight forward service to NZ. Might be something else similar for aus?

6 of them will work out about 160NZ landed - not bad considering they are upwards of 80 each localy

on another forum (i think) someone was talking about using an air reg from super cheap auto but decide not to because the pressure was to strong (or liquid co2) but if it's to be a second regulator coming of a main regulator i see no problems with that though someone else might

I've got one but I rarely use it - only when I've got a really fizzy beer and a lightly carbed beer in the fridge at the same time. It's just a cheapy air tool reg from supercheap - does 0-200psi or something. I put it between my normal reg output and a keg I want carbed at a lower pressure. I think it cost me about 12 bucks. My only complaint is that the adjustment range is way more than I need meaning the adjustment is very sensitive around the pressures I'm trying to work at.

That sounds like it might be the go then, what about odd flavours? I thought about just a plain air regulator but wondered about whether or not some of the parts might be non food grade and taint the CO2??

Worth looking at though!

Your other option is to get another normal reg and screw it to your other reg and have a dual reg setup as all the regs that ive seen can be joined together to make a dual reg.

Ive been using a dual reg setup for about a year now. I keep my ales at 75kpa and its locked there. I never adjust it. The other reg I adjust for force carbing or for keep a keg of soda water on tap.

That sounds like it might be the go then, what about odd flavours? I thought about just a plain air regulator but wondered about whether or not some of the parts might be non food grade and taint the CO2??

Worth looking at though!

I initially had that concern too. I grabbed a new one out of the box - it didn't seem to have any oil or funny smells and looked pretty clean so I ran with it.

Back