Little Creatures To Open In Geelong

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one! Hopefully they do the full set up like in the West.

Looks like just a brewery rather than a brewpub type outlet.
Bugger, would of made my yearly June week in Geelong almost comfortable. :(
Nige

Yes, it is disappointing that they do not plan on having a restaurant there :( The one in Freo is fantastic.

I would expect the idea is that currently JS would mostly be produced at Lidcombe? Particularly the Golden and Amber which are on tap all over the country, doubt if much of that is produced at brewpubs. Victoria is the only state without a Lion Nathan brewery so having their own plant near Melbourne would make sense, also it was probably cheaper than setting up at Broadmeadows etc closer to Melb, and they have good rail / Princes Fwy for transport of the beer out of the site. Considerably closer to Adelaide as well. Plus a hungry workforce in Geelong.

If it improves the quality of the more travel effected Little Creatures brews we get in Melbourne, then I'll be a very happy camper.

I would expect the idea is that currently JS would mostly be produced at Lidcombe? Particularly the Golden and Amber which are on tap all over the country, doubt if much of that is produced at brewpubs. Victoria is the only state without a Lion Nathan brewery so having their own plant near Melbourne would make sense, also it was probably cheaper than setting up at Broadmeadows etc closer to Melb, and they have good rail / Princes Fwy for transport of the beer out of the site. Considerably closer to Adelaide as well. Plus a hungry workforce in Geelong.

The way I read this is that this will exclusivly be a Little Creatures brewery?

Back