Little Creatures Stimulus Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if its been posted on the forum somewhere already but a handfull 'a kegs of this will be tapped at the wheatsheaf friday afternoon/nite along with some double hightail.

I'am looking at getting down there and waking up saturday morning dawn service with some blunt force trauma.

Yes i had got the email aswell. I will be venturing down there myself for a few. I wish i can get to dawn service but work has me in! Not happy about that!

Hi guys,

Hope some of you out there have been able to give it a crack. I think the entire brewing team has been having this for knock-off drinks for the past two weeks. Currently it can be dispensed from either the main bar or brewhouse bar/cellar door (which can be an easier place to duck in for a quick beer).

I am loving it. The beer is 50IBU - we actually measured it several times as it was too smooth and we were questioning the results. Very balanced with pretty big mouthfeel. The dark crystal really has come out and all in all it has combined to be a very drinkable beer. Aroma is a bit low, but flavour is high, so I agree with that comment. When it warms up I think it is a winner.

Hope you Melbourne guys can try it soon at the Dining Hall and a few other locations - Local Tap House will have it as well, and the Great Britain I believe. And yes Wheatsheaf will have it on tap beginning Friday.... and Local Tap House in Sydney I think has it as well. Maybe even the Aussie Hotel.... This is from memory, so I hope I have got that all right, and hope I haven't missed any pubs.

Cheers,

Alex

Yeah I tried the LC hall and the local taphouse in melbs over the past few days, no word of it at either place.

fwiw the food at lc hall melb sucks big time, overpriced and tasteless. I've heard it's top notch at freemantle and was hoping for something decent.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

I tried it last night and it is outrageously hoppy! Yum yum yum!!!

I was chatting to a bloke in the new brewing side of the premises in Freo and he rekons its about 50 IBU's. I dont really know what that means but apparently its pretty high...

So I know where I am spending my ANZAC day Monday holiday...

Its on now at the Melbourne Dining Hall.
Just got back from having a pint (tough ride home).
Yum!

Well Saturday I tried this for a second time....

Some of you Melbourne guys must of tried it by now! What you think?

I tried it Friday night. Too much Cascade bitterness and flavour for mine. Would have been nice with a bit more malt to back up the 50 IBU.

C&B
TDA

I wasnt too sure either so went back for a few more pints and now i cant remember whether i liked it or not... :lol:

Ha.... Ive being back twice! I agree with TDA... It's not that I don't like it! but!

A bit grassy for my liking - likely due to the high-cohumulone cascade. I'll have to go back sometime to see if that settles down over time (assuming any will be left). I agree that it could have used a bit more malt to back up the hoppiness, but I would also have liked to see the hoppiness pushed towards the flavour a little more for what could be a mighty good IPA.

I know I went back for seconds. :icon_cheers:

Contemplating they lonely walk up to Creatures Dining Hall for a taster tonight... Bit chilly in old Melbourne today.

I Wish SWMBO wasn't working this evening. It would give me more of an excuse to drag her out with me!

Tried it on the weekend and pretty much agree with what everyone's said. I think some of the percieved bitterness is the harshness that Cascade can throw up when used late in the boil. I really don't class it as 'that' bitter, but the aroma and flavour of the cascade sure come thru. Some have mentioned about the clarity, that's hop haze if anything. The Malt presence isn't quite there and I got a little sugary sweetness about 2/3rd's of the way thru the glass, be interesting to see what the FG was. Still, a very nice drop which I enjoyed. Meanwhile, wasn't so impressed with the burgers..

You obviously haven't had the pleasure of trying the Lamb Shanks.... :icon_drool2:

Naw, not a big fan of lamb. Or veal. Or anything baby really. To quote pulp fiction... "My girlfriend's a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian too, but I do love the taste of a good burger".

Veggie Bar just up from LC hall rocks my world. I'd basically live there if I lived near melbs.

Veggie Bar just up from LC hall rocks my world. I'd basically live there if I lived near melbs.

Not that im Vege and probabaly dont have the capacity to say this, but i think VB stinks compared to the plenty of other places serving good vegge food in melbourne. Lentil As Anything springs to mind as a 100% vegetarian place, or my local indian restaurant. I remember hearing a quote from a chef, a customer asked... 'do you make vegetarian meal's?' No i dont make vegetarian meals, only dishes that are suitable for vegetarians to eat. ;)

Majority of veg food has the stigma of being bland. E.g. steamed greens or those sucky 'soy dogs' or 'Soy Roasts' :blink: . If you want meat, eat it! If i was Vege, i'd ask to be turned indian.... pulses + paneer = Rocks my world!

I have not tried them yet! bummer! Nice view though.

You should see the view from the brewhouse!

I pitched a sulk last weekend because I don't have the money to go to the dining hall or the taphouse to try this beer. Then I decided I can just brew my own at home :)

Latest posts

Back