Little Creatures Stimulus Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
Got this in the email today , pity it won't make it to Sydney :(

To make sure they keep themselves ultra busy, our crazy team of Brewers have come out with a special one off beer.... and what have they done this time I hear you say???

Well, we can tell you it has been christened "The Stimulus IPA".

We're not to sure if this is what Kevin had in mind with his stimulus ideas, but we think this is just what we need at a time like this!

This little beauty is a combo of pale, munich and dark crystal malts to give it a touch of colour and backbone.

The new arrival of hops for the USA spurred on this latest project and are used the whole way through the brewing of this batch. 100% US cascades... hops in the kettle, hops in the whirlpool, hops in the hopback and even some dry-hopping in the fermenter for good measure.

The brewers vote that it beats that other stimulus package going round, but we'll let you decide....all in all though we think it's a Ruddy Good Deal!

Come on down to the brewery and ask for it fresh out of the tap! ...and for those of you in or around Melbourne, watch out for it at Little Creatures Dining Hall in Fitzroy!

Who knows, it make have been kegged last week and be on tap by this weekend. Looks like i might go past the dining hall on the weekend and see if anything has surfaced by then.

Mmmmmm All Cascade, yummo!! Shame only in WA though

I happen to be in Melbourne till next tueday, I plan to make to the LC dining hall at some point. Let's hope its on by then :)

I too read it was going to be at the taphouse in Sydney...

I was in Perth over the Easter weekend and dropped into the LC brewery to taste a *few*. I tried the stimulus ale and it is a nice drop but a little too hoppy for my liking. I nearly scored a copy of the recipe as it was written up on a notepad behind the counter but i didnt have a pen on me. ;)

Definatley a great place to visit if you are in Fremantle.

I too read it was going to be at the taphouse in Sydney...
DJ did they say when it was going to be on? I was thinking of popping in there tonight.

whaooooooooo! looks like my kind of beer... Cant talk Lloydie into going tonight... 8.00am pretty early to talk beer to him.. but tommorow for sure...

WHAT ABOUT BRISVEGAS???? <_<

Told ya social vacuum....... :(

Airfares to Melb are cheap Chappo, plus i'm sure you could work out some sort of sleeping arrangement with Ed the Dog (Brewing Assistant and Chief Security Officer)at our place if you do make it down.

:icon_cheers: SJ

Had it on Wed night in Freo - pretty good, as was the pizza. The place was packed.

Tastes like LCPA used to taste (US cascade), but more heavy in the flavour hops. Unusual that is was light on in bitterness, and light on in aroma. Must have hopped mainly for flavour.

Worth dropping in for!

Airfares to Melb are cheap Chappo, plus i'm sure you could work out some sort of sleeping arrangement with Ed the Dog (Brewing Assistant and Chief Security Officer)at our place if you do make it down.

Oooooo! That's so tempting! SWMBO would smell a rat if said I had to go for work purposes thou?

Do you think Ed would like my human breath down his back :lol: you know what I do to camels!

Looks like I am going to have to make a trip into Fitzroy at some point to sample this bad boy... tough cross to bear...

Brendo

Do you think Ed would like my human breath down his back :lol: you know what I do to camels!

Providing what ever you were doing :rolleyes: didn't interupt him "getting sexy" with your leg or shoes, he'd be fine.

Regarding work, we have been considering renovations at home, and there is plenty of beer available for busy workers! B) Though i guess it's just one of those jobs you'd need to see first hand!

Nice....!
i'm in Freo tomorrow, so thats a couple of hours penned in prior to seeing a few bands.

Latest posts

Back