Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im pretty sure Rogers has Kiwi hops in it for flavour and aroma. Kiwi hops with a light hand can come out wonderfully.

+1. The red brown ale referred to in my post above (see recipedb for hoppy... ale), is a fantastic example. It has Nelson Sauvin in it - and NS is one of those hops if you don't get right, it really ruins a beer, but if you get right, man alive, one of the best dual purpose hops known to humanity.

Goomba

Tried the EKG ale the other day & it was bloody beautifully

A bit pricey though $7 a pint stubbie

Nice white head all the way to the end, good aroma, light in colour, golden with a nice whack of bitterness.

Wish I could brew as good as this.

The thumbs up from me.

I've now tried the EKG and really wanted a bit more EKG flavour.
It's a nice english PA but didn't deserve the title. Probably should have just called it an english pale ale.
Maybe a bottle thing and may be different from the keg?
It was very easy to drink but probably won't spend the cash on another.

I've had four of the single batches that I can remember and so far rate:-
1 Brown
2 IPA
3 EKG
4 Stout

Going on the track record of these single batches I'll most likely grab whatever they throw at us next.

Just had the EKG ale off hand pump at Archive. Although it's not a style a widely enjoy, the hand pump definitely helped and I knocked back two pints without complaint.

215886_10150211275908478_39124018477_8483340_4120664_n.jpg

Looking forward to trying this next one. I haven't ever been able to try any of the LC single batches.

The last brew (EKG) was out of stock when I tried to get my hands on it.

Just had the EKG ale off hand pump at Archive. Although it's not a style a widely enjoy, the hand pump definitely helped and I knocked back two pints without complaint.
Hand pump sounds like the way to have it. The bottle I had was a bit too well carbed for my liking.

I stumbled upon a few oatmeal stouts and brown ales recently and have had a couple of them...

I can confirm that the stout is keeping really well - esp considering its relatively low abv.

It seems the Marzen is ready. Looking forward to this.

Guten Tag Marzen
It's not too often we get excited about a history lesson, but the image of lederhosen
clad German brewers seems to have tickled us just right. Back in
the good old days, the European Summer conditions made it hard to brew so they had to make
enough beer in March to last through till October. They
must have been feeling creative when they called this typically strong and full-bodied lager
Marzen... the German word for March. Just lucky they were
better brewers than they were wordsmiths.

True to the style but regardless of the season, our Marzen enjoyed a long, slow
fermentation, took a hit of Saaz and Willamette hops to give it that
distinctively Creatures slant and spent a total of six weeks from bottling to brewing. So
what did we learn in that time? Marzen ist toll!

You can find it pouring at the brewery from this afternoon and at the Dining Hall in
Melbourne from tomorrow (just one of the perks of being the
source of the action here in Freo). For a map of where else to find this limited release
near you click here.

Buy from here

Hand pump sounds like the way to have it. The bottle I had was a bit too well carbed for my liking.

The bottles I got were a bit overcarbed as well. Looking forward to this one that's for sure though

Early reports say the Marzen is 'Just an Oktoberfest beer. Nothing special.' I'll reserve judgement for when my carton rocks up next week. :)

Early reports say the Marzen is 'Just an Oktoberfest beer. Nothing special.' I'll reserve judgement for when my carton rocks up next week. :)

Marzen not special!! Cause its bloody special. It's a tasty style that is hardly ever available in this part of world, in fact it would be interesting to know when Marzen was last commercially brewed in Aus, probably never.

Notwithstanding that, I'm enjoying a pint now. There's a lot of body to the beer, and a quite a bitter finish which is not quite to style but pretty delicious in any case.

cheers

Grant

Can't wait to try it. Mine should be rolling into Kalgoorlie Monday sometime.
:D

Grabbed a few bottles of the Marzen, I plan on keeping a few till' October (hopefully) to see how it goes. Cracked two last night & I'm really impressed with this one. This beer reminds me of lighter version of Matilda Bay's Big Helga malt wise, but with more bitterness. It's slightly malty but doesn't have much sweetness. I'm finding the Saaz/Willamette combo very interesting and I'm pretty sure I got both in the aroma and flavor. No diacetyl thank christ because that pretty much ruins it for me ever since I got a massive hit in an Irish Ale of mine some time ago, can't stand it anymore. Carbonation was moderate and there was no head at all.

:icon_offtopic: The missus was pouring one of my beers at the time and I said to her "wait, have a taste of this (the Marzen) first and see what you reckon", her reply was, "Nah I like this one better" holding up a glass of my Amber Ale. And she thought the Marzen was something I brewed untill I told her otherwise. Was quite happy with that response :D

Always sweet when that happens pennywise.

I seriously rate this Mrzen. It is perfectly balanced, good flavour, a hint of sweetness from some crystal that is balanced against the bitterness in the early addition hops. There is a late addition whack of aroma, but not aggressively flavoured, so that the malt shines through.

Very drinkable, despite the 5.8% and the missus liked it too, and she is fussy. She doesn't like S&W PA (specifically the grassy aroma "it smells like your stupid brew stuff"), prefers balanced beers and bitterness to be there but balanced. For her to like a 30IBU beer is pretty good. Should try to make some as a liquid knicker-nicker.

Moderate carbonation, head non-existant and doesn't bloat when drunk.

This is easily the best Single Batch I've tasted of theirs. After the EKG ale, which was quite disappointing, I'm happy for this one to be good, otherwise I'd probably have not bothered with the next one.

My only criticism is that I like it, but probably won't pay $7.50 for another stubby. If I'm going to pay the equivalent of $30 a sixpack, I'll have a stab at something else.

It sounds good. I'll be hopping down to Freo next Wednesday for a few of these. Can't wait.
Cheers, John.

I agree LRG, this may just be the best single batch to date. Haven't had the pleasure of trying the oatmeal stout though unfortunatly. Bloody spewing I missed that one

oooohh goody, glad to hear its hit the shelves....i'll be down the local bottle-o for this one straight away...

In fact, im going to call them now and tell them to put a few aside for me ;)

EDIT: Dam, their delivery hasn't arrived yet...sometime next week, and they've only been allocated a couple of dozen :blink:

Latest posts

Back