Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was pretty pumped to say the least. Thanks for the congrats guys!

I wouldn't want to put it in a category but if pushed I'd say it is between an Oatmeal and an American Stout; it is an American Stout on the very low end OG wise, with a healthy dose of oats.

And as for the 'overseeing', I sold/gave away all my brew gear when I moved to Perth and am yet to acquire more, so brewed it at a friends place (brendanos). Big thanks to Brendan for the use of his brewery, and the hb we drank that day and for bottling it for me while I was back East. It would not have happened without his help.

maybe it was more of a facilitator role,

as for next batch, better be a double sumfing

You can probably strike out any style that isn't loaded to the hilt with hops like Kolsch, Alt, weizen, belgains, ect

Although I did hear of a new style of wheat beer with a pilsner like hopping schedule... Maybe LC will explore new territory with wheat and hops?

PS I would rent floor space at LC if they had a ~60IBU Dusseldorf Altbier on tap :icon_drool2:

Please god not a hefe. Every microbrewery in Australia makes one.

So how does the "overseeing" work This guy from LC is a novice or something?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the staff comps at LC are between staff members who homebrew, not the actual LC brewers.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='656473' date='Jul 18 2010, 12:53 AM']Well, I was pretty pumped to say the least. Thanks for the congrats guys![/quote]

And just think how much better your beer would have been if the IBUs were helping you :icon_vomit:

Well done Ben, we are very proud of you. Just remember when you do well, you are a leading member of the IBUs. If you **** up, you are just another gibberer from Bowral! :drinks:

PS I would rent floor space at LC if they had a ~60IBU Dusseldorf Altbier on tap :icon_drool2:

~drool~ Grab Jamils Dusseldorf Alt recipe, replace Magnum with Northern Brewer, bump up the bittering hops a notch and I'll be drinking keg loads of the stuff.

Please god not a hefe. Every microbrewery in Australia makes one.

Yeah but how many of them are top quality candidates? I like to see em' give it a go, just so we know. I love a good Hefe, or even a Dunkelweizen, now that'd be awesome

I don't know why LC would make a hefe. Aren't their styles more American than anything? That's why I want to see a double IPA from them. Mind you the last IPA was a bit half way.

A good Ozzie Barleywine would be interesting.

Imagine this in pints. '5 standard drinks.' Classic. Would be a wicked beer though. Maybe they could do it and bring back the 12 pack of stubbies. Huge risk though, even 10,000L of a beer like that.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='657307' date='Jul 19 2010, 08:39 PM']Imagine this in pints. '5 standard drinks.' Classic. Would be a wicked beer though. Maybe they could do it and bring back the 12 pack of stubbies. Huge risk though, even 10,000L of a beer like that.[/quote]

'drink half and you're an alcoholic in the eyes of the government' should be on the blurb on the bottle...

Yeah but how many of them are top quality candidates? I like to see em' give it a go, just so we know. I love a good Hefe, or even a Dunkelweizen, now that'd be awesome

I think Red Hill and Moo Brew actually do a pretty good job with their hefe's. Either way I'd prefer to see them have a crack at a style that relates to their hop forward way of brewing, and also is something that is not readily available here from imports or local interpretations. Now a Hopfenweisse on the other hand.... :icon_drool2:

~drool~ Grab Jamils Dusseldorf Alt recipe, replace Magnum with Northern Brewer, bump up the bittering hops a notch and I'll be drinking keg loads of the stuff.

Although I haven't tried either I prefer the look of DrSmurto's Alt recipe. I based my partial on his recipe with Spalt for bittering at 60 and no other hop additions. I like the malt driven flavour of this style and interestingly I get a fair bit of aroma coming through from the bittering addition. Not enough hop usage for LC I'd say...

The hopfenweiss sounds interesting... Might have to give it a crack one day

+1 for a double IPA :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back