Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Discovered the Lucky Shag in Perth has this on tap

Nice and hoppy and quite bitter too

Good enough for me to try to find a case I think :beer:

LCPA_Brown_Ale_2.JPG

Shared two bottles last night and thought it was similar to my last skunk fart pale ale, though a little less punchy.

Had a couple pots of this at the Archive in Brisbane's West End tonight, and I ws trying to find words for it. I liked it, but was, admittedly, a bit polluted from a couple Alpha Pales at the 5th Element and a BPA at the Brewhouse, but I have to say I enjoyed it. It was "crunchy" ... seemingly hot on the bitterness, but them tempered by the heavy maltiness. Yeah, I like it. Reminded me of Big Sky's Moose Drool ....

Got myself 3 bottle of this from Strathmore Cellars, looking forward to cracking one open with dinner tonight. They only had about 10 bottles left so anyone around the area should get their butts there

Going to pick up a bottle after work today. Was going to pick up two, but after trying the IPA and reading the posts here sofar, I think one will be enough. I want to support the aussie micro scene but $8.50 per bottle is a little bit too steep to be stocking up on them...and I know they will sell out, which is a good thing. Hopefully they make another two or so single batches of beer that isn't really pushing any boundaries or basically what the American scene is up to. With a good following and then being able to sell out of every single batch - only then, I feel will they start to really do exciting things, e.g. Black IPAs, Belgian IPAs, aussie saison etc etc.

I'll be buying at least one bottle of every single batch. I hope they get to a point where a good percentage of the beers are bought pre production and the like.

Cheers
Phil

Going to pick up a bottle after work today. Was going to pick up two, but after trying the IPA and reading the posts here sofar, I think one will be enough. I want to support the aussie micro scene but $8.50 per bottle is a little bit too steep to be stocking up on them...and I know they will sell out, which is a good thing. Hopefully they make another two or so single batches of beer that isn't really pushing any boundaries or basically what the American scene is up to. With a good following and then being able to sell out of every single batch - only then, I feel will they start to really do exciting things, e.g. Black IPAs, Belgian IPAs, aussie saison etc etc.

I'll be buying at least one bottle of every single batch. I hope they get to a point where a good percentage of the beers are bought pre production and the like.

Cheers
Phil

Dont think the $8.50 a bottle is little creatures fault. I think their price at the brewery for a carton is $49 (at least it was for the IPA). I paid $60 at the IBS for the brown. $8.50 is a joke and might just be a mark up by your bottlo.

Quite like the beer, although the hops are a little rough and grassy. But the taste grows on you. Is there a such thing as a aussie brown ale ? ;)

I want to support the aussie micro scene but $8.50 per bottle is a little bit too steep to be stocking up on them...

I bought 3 pint bottles for $20 making it less than $6.70 / pint bottle which I thought was quite reasonable for this type of beer. Then again I think prices of beer are higher then they should be - generally not the brewery's fault but taxing and greedy bottleshops.

I agree $8.50 is a bit steep, mine were $7

I agree $8.50 is a bit steep, mine were $7

For one beer, I am happy to pay $8.50 - especially since it is from a small cellar in adelaide. I am really glad to see the price that they are selling it at from the brewery, $50 a case (that is cheaper than a case of corona - sorry, I shouldn't even compare beer with that piss in a bottle). I think even though the beer isn't MIND BLOWING, I will support it as much as I can, as I want them to continue doing the single batches - but I would like to see them push the boundaries a little more. It is wise of them to test the water by doing an all cascade IPA, an 'Aussie Brown' and they will probably do something like a chocolate porter or belgian pale etc. Once they have got a name and a following for their single batches I hope then they really start pushing boundaries and push the Australian Micro Scene to another level.

Cheers
Phil

Be nice to see something more adventurous, but I'm not sure if the bean counters would like it? I get the impression the single batches are brewed with left over, discount or surplus ingredients (especially hop-wise). Not that there is anything wrong with that! The beers are very good :chug:

For one beer, I am happy to pay $8.50 - especially since it is from a small cellar in adelaide. I am really glad to see the price that they are selling it at from the brewery, $50 a case (that is cheaper than a case of corona - sorry, I shouldn't even compare beer with that piss in a bottle). I think even though the beer isn't MIND BLOWING, I will support it as much as I can, as I want them to continue doing the single batches - but I would like to see them push the boundaries a little more. It is wise of them to test the water by doing an all cascade IPA, an 'Aussie Brown' and they will probably do something like a chocolate porter or belgian pale etc. Once they have got a name and a following for their single batches I hope then they really start pushing boundaries and push the Australian Micro Scene to another level.

Cheers
Phil

Fair call.

I couldn't wait till dinner time so I cracked one when I got home from work, love the toastyness, agree with the harshness of the bitterness though, doesn't linger though so it's ok, bit overcarbed I think, but maybe that's whats giving off the bitterness issues? . Would I buy it again, yes, not a session beer IMO but something that you get that urge for every now and then.

I thought this beer was spectacular. I love the hop aroma, I found it really well balanced. I also love the concept of an "Aussie Brown Ale"

Bravo LC, love your work.

Tried this on tap at the wheatsheaf sunday lunch, can't really review it properly as I was not even really up to having a beer at all sunday morning after three days of drinking stouts to excess but since I was driving past as you do I stopped by to try it.

First up on pouring I thought what the? colour is not really much darker then something I would simply call a pale ale, was a nice clean well made drinker ale but was hoping for something a bit bigger all round really. Was just a APA at the higher end of the colour range to me. Not bagging it or anything just saying, it is clean and well made and all that.

Will be going down tomorow night for a real session when my mouth feels less like the bottom of a cockies gage and give it another go.

got a carton yesterday, not bad always like to try somthin new and hope lc continue to bring out sigle batches + +

For anyone in WA still chasing it Celebrations in High Wycombe called and said they have just received another 5 cartoons.

Dont think the $8.50 a bottle is little creatures fault. I think their price at the brewery for a carton is $49 (at least it was for the IPA). I paid $60 at the IBS for the brown. $8.50 is a joke and might just be a mark up by your bottlo.

Quite like the beer, although the hops are a little rough and grassy. But the taste grows on you. Is there a such thing as a aussie brown ale ? ;)

Yes - Australian Brown Ale is a new style. I love it (not so much Little Creatures though)!

Tried it on tap at LC and i was real nice. Had a few pints along with a few of the other house favs...... Very nice indeed

Is the next beer a double IPA ? :ph34r:

That's a good idea Pete. I reckon you're onto something good there.

Maybe an American style like the Great Divide Hercules Double IPA? Hell yeah. ;)

Latest posts

Back