Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah don't worry about the stout. Just leave all those dark malts to one side and up the OG and away we go!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that it was a licorice stout.

I would love a Double IPA though! Even a Double Black IPA would be interesting!

Still to try my brown ales sitting in the fridge....

There's a good chance I may be able to get my hands on some of this next batch so I'm hoping it will be an American or Imperial Stout and not a chocolate stout.

I heard a rumour it was going to be a watermelon wheat beer :ph34r:

no that will be the next mad brewers release from the douche's at James squire

I really enjoyed the brown ale, I am not sure I could cope with much more rye though, doesnt seem to sit well on my palate

Mad Brewers next beer is supposedly a licorice stout.

Quoite from a nother forum:

The homebrew competition was held at Little Creatures today to find out which staff 'member's beer would be brewed as the next Single Batch release. A 4.5%ish percent stout was the criteria, with "good hoppiness".

The winning beer, and next LC Single Batch beer is Ben Landsberry's (O'Henry) Oatmeal Stout, brewed with and overseen by fellow West Coast Brewer - me!

I wonder if they'll bother toasting/buying toasted oats as us homebrewers do, or just use flaked oats. Very much looking forward to tasting it in a month or two!

*the "me" in the quote above is me. Just thought i'd put it out there so I can bask in the glory.

I agree re: the Rye, Case, it's an interesting dimension, though it seems to accentuate the harshness of the hops.

The homebrew competition was held at Little Creatures today to find out which staff 'member's beer would be brewed as the next Single Batch release. A 4.5%ish percent stout was the criteria, with "good hoppiness".

The winning beer, and next LC Single Batch beer is Ben Landsberry's (O'Henry) Oatmeal Stout, brewed with and overseen by fellow West Coast Brewer - me!

I wonder if they'll bother toasting/buying toasted oats as us homebrewers do, or just use flaked oats. Very much looking forward to tasting it in a month or two!

Just spoke to the winner - this is all correct. BIG congrats to Ben, and to the whole packing department (who picked up the top three places). Aparently the recipe includes a pile of golden toasted oats.

Just spoke to the winner - this is all correct. BIG congrats to Ben, and to the whole packing department (who picked up the top three places). Aparently the recipe includes a pile of golden toasted oats.

Cool! Any info on when it might be released.

Hey Guys,

Yes, indeed the Stout was judged yesterday - there were 10 judges, all quite official like and in fact the highest scoring beer from round 1 was in fact selected as the winner in round 2. So congrats Ben! We have never brewed a stout at LC (and I have only ever brewed homebrew stout and imperial stout), so this is going to test us. Nothing like jumping in with 20,000L.....

Brown Ale - yes, I think some of the dryness and harshness perceived initially was a combination of the rye with the high IBU. The beer is in fact about 3.7Plato (~1.015). But regardless, with a tiny bit of age I am loving this beer - the malt and hops have really come together. Not sure how much is left, think another few weeks. I am keeping a safety carton on my kitchen floor at all times as back-up to the fridge.....

And haven't worked out what is after the stout - this is going to get harder and harder as time goes on!

Cheers,

Alex

And haven't worked out what is after the stout - this is going to get harder and harder as time goes on!

Please don't go for a dull lager as the weather gets warmer!! B)

Unless it's a Kolsch!

So how does the "overseeing" work This guy from LC is a novice or something?

Back