Little Creatures Next Single Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always seem to miss out on limited release beers! I hope I can get my hands on this one when it is released. Any ideas where they might be stocked around Parramatta and surrounding suburbs??? Rarely get the good beers reaching the bottleshops here! :(

This was the list of NSW stockists for the Single Batch IPA that was last released so I assume it will be the same again:

NSW

* 42 Harris ST Cellars
* Albion Place Hotel
* All Bar Nun
* Amatos
* Australian Hotel
* Barzura
* Belrose Hotel
* Bottle O Lambton
* Bottle O Wickham
* Bottlo on Beaumont
* Braza Leichardt
* Brookvale Cellars
* Camperdown Cellars Darlinghurst
* Camperdown Cellars HO
* Camperdown Cellars Kingston
* Carringbah Hotel
* Castle Cove Cellars
* Chippendale Cellars
* City Cellars
* Clarendon Hotel
* Clock Hotel
* Coledale Cellars
* Courthouse Hotel
* Cremorne Cellars
* Durham Castle
* Eleven
* Ensemble Theatre
* Glebe Point Rd Cellars
* Glenhaven Rd Cellars
* Grand Kiama
* Kinglseys on the Wharf
* Jims Cellars
* Lapstone Hotel
* Leura cellars
* Local Taphouse
* Macquarie
* Mary Ellen Hotel
* Mosman Cellars
* Newport Arms
* North Sydney Cellars
* Parlour Wine Room
* Plonk Bottle shop Canberra
* Porters Chatswood
* Porters Northwood
* Prince of Wales
* Pyrmont Cellars
* Red Bottle Alexandria
* Red Bottle Pitt
* Red Bottle Sussex
* Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
* Sackville Hotel
* Shorty's
* Stanmore Cellars
* Steve's Cool Booze
* The Chelsea Hotel
* The Longueville Hotel
* Thirroul Cellars
* Warners at the Bay

Hope that helps.

Hopefully we can get some down here in Tassie, had a hard time getting any of the last single batch. Anyone know if its going to be available down here?

Hopefully we can get some down here in Tassie, had a hard time getting any of the last single batch. Anyone know if its going to be available down here?

I asked in another thread regarding this and Alex assured me that we will be getting some but that's all the info that I have on it. Apparently there was a small amount of the IPA sent here as well but I didn't see any of it. I've asked at my LBS about getting some, they are looking into it and I have my name down for a slab if it's possible.
Hopefully someone may be able to let us know exactly where it will be available.

A little bird told me about this beer a couple of months ago. The same little bird told me it's made with a decent portion of rye malt.

I should point out that I can't vouch for the trustworthiness of said little bird.

This was the list of NSW stockists for the Single Batch IPA that was last released so I assume it will be the same again:

NSW

* 42 Harris ST Cellars
* Albion Place Hotel
* All Bar Nun
* Amatos
* Australian Hotel
* Barzura
* Belrose Hotel
* Bottle O Lambton
* Bottle O Wickham
* Bottlo on Beaumont
* Braza Leichardt
* Brookvale Cellars
* Camperdown Cellars Darlinghurst
* Camperdown Cellars HO
* Camperdown Cellars Kingston
* Carringbah Hotel
* Castle Cove Cellars
* Chippendale Cellars
* City Cellars
* Clarendon Hotel
* Clock Hotel
* Coledale Cellars
* Courthouse Hotel
* Cremorne Cellars
* Durham Castle
* Eleven
* Ensemble Theatre
* Glebe Point Rd Cellars
* Glenhaven Rd Cellars
* Grand Kiama
* Kinglseys on the Wharf
* Jims Cellars
* Lapstone Hotel
* Leura cellars
* Local Taphouse
* Macquarie
* Mary Ellen Hotel
* Mosman Cellars
* Newport Arms
* North Sydney Cellars
* Parlour Wine Room
* Plonk Bottle shop Canberra
* Porters Chatswood
* Porters Northwood
* Prince of Wales
* Pyrmont Cellars
* Red Bottle Alexandria
* Red Bottle Pitt
* Red Bottle Sussex
* Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
* Sackville Hotel
* Shorty's
* Stanmore Cellars
* Steve's Cool Booze
* The Chelsea Hotel
* The Longueville Hotel
* Thirroul Cellars
* Warners at the Bay

Hope that helps.

Yeah well, where's the rest of the states hey? :D Don't leave us in the learch man

I hope those heavy doses of hops make it all the way to Healesville!

Hey Guys,

Confirming that the Brown Ale is pouring at the LC venue in Fremantle, and will be heading around the country on truck on Friday (so will start hitting the stores next week).

I am pretty happy with it; little bit malty, lots of hops (well, I think), bitterness up there..... Pretty much exactly what we set out to do. I can't wait to buy some myself!

If anyone is in Perth a few of us brewers are going to have a pint in the Brewhouse Bar on Friday afternoon, say from 4:30pm to 5:30pm.

Cheers,

Alex

(and Kai, yes, I think you guys will get some!)

Hey Guys,

Confirming that the Brown Ale is pouring at the LC venue in Fremantle, and will be heading around the country on truck on Friday (so will start hitting the stores next week).

I am pretty happy with it; little bit malty, lots of hops (well, I think), bitterness up there..... Pretty much exactly what we set out to do. I can't wait to buy some myself!

If anyone is in Perth a few of us brewers are going to have a pint in the Brewhouse Bar on Friday afternoon, say from 4:30pm to 5:30pm.

Cheers,

Alex

(and Kai, yes, I think you guys will get some!)

Will this just be in the bottle or on tap in a few locations like the last Single Batch?

Well Harts Pub could be getting a few kegs .... and I can confirm and deny!

We had a couple of pints of the brown on Monday, and we really liked it! A little lighter color (colour?) than some we have back home, but great flavor (flavour?). We also tried some Cascade Premium light here at the show, and I was impressed with the amount of flavor in a low alcohol beer. Quite nice.

Cheers,
Dave

We're gonna have some on tap at the Brewhouse in Brissie, not sure on a date though.

Hey,

List is now on our website - https://www.littlecreatures.com.au/Happenin...menu-id-76.html - beer is leaving on trucks tomorrow for the east. Just depends on when your local wants their stock as to when its available, so best check with them (I think deliveries will commence from Tuesday). I wasn't at the brewery today, but believe the pint bottles are there ready for sale.

Cheers,

Alex

Look forward to trying this, the single batch ipa using all cascade was great
@boss brew --> in aus its colour and flavour (although I'm always using color cos of my training as a code monkey)
grew up in tassie (so am prob a bit biased) but think Cascade premium light is almost drinkable (read one of the best light beers)
although i don't think cascade are what they used to be (maybe its my palate)

edit: spelling

Well my local bottleshop called me today and it was my cartoon arriving. I was there within a matter of hours to pick it up. All I can say for the people waiting to try it is WOW! hops and malts galore. Its classed as a Aussie Brown with an IBU of 48 which you can definetly tell.

Heres the blurb

"There are the American Browns, Newcastle Browns and good old Aussie King Browns...time we thought the King Brown got the perfect partner, a great Australian Brown Ale! To do this, We've sourced some great Aussie hops; Tasmanian Hallertau and Cascade, in addition to Victorian Galaxy and Topaz. Not holding back, the final bitterness is 48 IBU. A whole host of malts keep it all in balance - pale,munich,crystal...along with a touch of rye male for a bit of toastiness. A dash of chocolate malt rounds it all out and contributes to the cracking dark colour. We hope you enjoy our fresh Australian take on a classic ale style.

An just an image for good taste :) Enjoy everyone who manages to get some.

lcbrownalesb.jpg

I rang my local bottleshop the day this went into the bottles.
They rang to arrange a carton for me that day but found it was sold out.
I miss out again.

Just had a schooner at Archive (in brissie). Nice hop combination with a tasty malt balance that sneaks in after the hops fade away. It's certainly more adventurous than the IPA.

I wasn't very impressed with this beer. I'm sure it will be discussed and argued in painstaking detail in coming weeks, but I found it to be pretty boring, and pretty out of balance. You can't really taste the darker malts at all, and the hop combination is odd to say the least. I'm keen to try it on tap before I make the final call, but the two bottles I've tried have had nothing on a proper American Brown.

Tried 2 bottles last night from Stanmore Cellars near Stanmore station in Sydney.

Was very quaffable, nice on the nose & I thought the balance was very good - just as the IPA was.

That said I'm not a huge fan of American Browns and this one didn't turn me.

Latest posts

Back