LiquorCraft / BrewCraft / Australia home brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe four years back, very hot day after a spell of hot ones, I had two go at once (heard them, actually, was just outside the shed at the time). Gloves and safety goggles went on, and I put the crate into the fridge. Let them cool down before I euthanized them all... at cooler temps the co2 goes back in solution, reducing the likelihood of one going off when you pick it up.

Never knew if it was an infection, incomplete ferment or priming issue, although I did have a problem with the latter back in the day...

Mine have been sitting in an esky on the garage floor in Melbourne and we're seeing pretty low temps. I'd say they're sitting at about 14-16 degrees. I wonder how they'd go at room temp for a week. Might bag one and test that.

Lionman said:
If anyone is in Perth, this guy has pretty good prices on some stuff.

http://www.bulkbrewingsupplies.com.au/

No kits or extract, hops, grains and hardware though.
He's just set up in a new warehouse and is getting into a good selection of hops (yes, refridgerated of course), grains and equipment.
And yes, very sharp on the pricing pencil.

Regarding my own bottle stock temps, we just hit 28 yesterday and the shed got over 32degrees. I've now only got enough room in my fermenting fridge for the one F.V and about 16 bottles as I had to take a shelf out, so the other five cartons worth has been relocated to my wardrobe.
Fingers crossed there's no gushers soaking my work clothes :unsure: otherwise it won't be a good look, or smell.

Stouter said:
Regarding my own bottle stock temps, we just hit 28 yesterday and the shed got over 32degrees. I've now only got enough room in my fermenting fridge for the one F.V and about 16 bottles as I had to take a shelf out, so the other five cartons worth has been relocated to my wardrobe.
Fingers crossed there's no gushers soaking my work clothes :unsure: otherwise it won't be a good look, or smell.
If you don't over carbonate you shouldn't ever get any blow. I've got some beers that I've had archived in a crate for years some have been through 3 summers with weeks over 40C, every now and then something gets opened, none of which have turned nasty or gushy :p

This summer though I do have room in my fermentation chamber so I plan to at least move the stuff I want to keep in to it.

Also brewcraft suck.

Went in once to get yeast in a pinch, was offended at the prices of most things.

Latest posts

Back